• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your primary flick driving disc and why?

Under 290' Buzzz

Under 320' Gazelle

Over 320' Avenger SS

Over 370' Blizard Katana

I forgot the why part.

Buzzz is a no brainer IMO. Lots of lines comes in tons of plastic choices and beats in really well.

Gazelle flys like a little bit longer buzzz for me so that is why its my go to for anything just out of buzzz range. All the Gazelles I throw are OOP so that kinda sucks but I love them.

Avenger SS I really like understable plastic for longer shots. Love to hyzerflip the ESP Avenger SS's. The Z's are more stable and will hold a Hyzer line if thrown right.

Blizz Katana is the only super high speed driver I throw and I don't use it that much really. I like it but it can be temperamental in the wind. When I throw it right it bombs though. It is a work in progress.

I like a star SL for FH drives in the 280+ range. I throw a gazelle FH for shorter drives, and flick a C-line MD2 for any approaches between the gazelle and putter. I drive FH most of the time, but do most of my midrange throws backhand. My putts are 50/50 either way.

I throw forehand almost exclusively (the exceptions being putts or approaches under 100') because my rotator cuff isn't in great shape.

For most drives I use one of my four leopards. One of my home courses has two holes with sharp right doglegs off the line; for those I throw a champion banshee (it never seems to come out of my bag for anything else). Rollers get my flippiest leopard or a wolf on shorter holes.

Hard to say which I use the most, but it'd have to be between 2.

Either my TeeBird Plus or my Flywood Walking Stick.

The TeeBird Plus has that "relaxed" grip, which makes it easier to release without OAT and it is a bit more overstable than my Star TeeBirds, so it doesn't turn over on me.

The Walking Stick has a shallower grip with a rounded bevel where it meets the flight plate. My middle finger fits in there very snug and the combination of the countoured grip, lower profile and the firm, slick texture of the disc lets it flick out of my hand without OAT. It's also pretty self correcting as far as the forward angle of the disc so I can get away with a little slop that would normally cause high flyers.

Distance(300+) - Star Destroyer, 171g and a little domey. Great for long forehand anny shoots and very predictable.

300' and in could be multiple disc depending on the hole layout:
Banshee, Firebird, Monster, Max, Teebird or Whippet

I throw about 95% Forehand off the Tee

Last edited:
I can't pick just one. I always carry one CE Firebird FX for shorter range cut shots and shots that require serious resistance to wind. Longer shots get a *Destroyer or GL Halo. Occasionally I now use my Villain for fun, but starting to love it.
For hard anny flicks I use a teebird, it just follows and flattens so well.
Flicks with a midrange or putter are negligible. I just power down to keep them flat, but do prefer my Zone, cryztal buzz or Champ rhyno.

Last edited:
11x eagles for most if not all. X mold, Broken in X, and a nice L mold is pretty much covering most shots beyond 200'. Barstamp Buzzz if im shooting straight at it. and 100' and within I use yeti pro's! AHUH

I started as a forehand dominant player but have since really developed a good backhand, i generate a lot of force with my flick shots so most discs tend to be way flippy for me, anything 300-450 (450 is about all i can squeeze out) i like to use Feldberg bosses, preferably the ones that dont have the flight rating numbers under the signature (the odler ones) because they tend to be flatter. Ideally i have about two or three in my bag in various states of wear depending on the flex (if any) thats needed in the shot. when im not using a boss I'll use a NEW nuke (they get flippy on me fast)
for shorter shots I'll throw a stable teebird or just go to an anhyzer backhand

Latest posts