• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wheelchair Accessible courses in Maryland?

natedlee

As I've picked up this new hobby my family likes to join me, even if they're not playing. The problem is one of my kids is wheelchair-bound and it's hard to determine if she'll be able to join me on a course to watch. Do courses that are listed in DGCR and are accessible have an indication that they are? Any other advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the site listing that info, but of the courses that I've played, Middletown Park near Frederick might be the best bet. It's mainly open, with moderate rolling terrain. It is all grass, without any walking paths or anything. Depending on the wheels you use, it might work out. Check out the course pics. They should give you a good idea of what to expect. Hopefully it will be able to work out for you and your family.

I don't know about the site listing that info, but of the courses that I've played, Middletown Park near Frederick might be the best bet. It's mainly open, with moderate rolling terrain. It is all grass, without any walking paths or anything. Depending on the wheels you use, it might work out. Check out the course pics. They should give you a good idea of what to expect. Hopefully it will be able to work out for you and your family.

Thanks I'll check it out. All grass rarely works, but it's worth taking a look.

Calvert is the best for wheelchairs. Don't really even have to wheel around the course, you can see the whole course from the parking lot. Course is also dead flat.

Last edited:
Calvert is the best for wheelchairs. Don't really even have to wheel around the course, you can see the whole course from the parking lot. Course is also dead flat.

Cool I'll have to look that one up. Sounds far if the name reflects the location :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horsebridge in Salisbury is flat. Schumaker pond has stairs but if you don't play the water holes you'll be fine

Hot Shots in Southern Maryland is built through a reclaimed housing development. The roads serve as "water hazards" but make find wheelchair terrain.

SW's spot on... Calvert's the first course I thought of.

Middletown has a bridge between the front and back nines. Can't remember whether the bridge has steps (and for that I am grateful . . .).

Heritage might be more wheelchair-friendly. There is a paved walking path that runs through most of the course.

Good luck!

Latest posts