• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where do you find disc's at

where do you find disc's at?

• Pond/Water

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Deep woods

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Grassy Ereas

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • misc. places

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
I take my dog walking in the river down the street from my house, and find a bunch in there. It amazes me how many out-of-service phone numbers you run into on discs. I'm also amazed how many show up at the very edges of thick rough. I'm guilty (a lot) of thinking my discs went way further into the rough than they actually did. Eternal pessimist, I suppose.

Found two w/ aces scrawled on the back, but no numbers. Priorities?

I find the most in the spring, when the snow melts. They pop up like dandelions.

There was a hole at Hoyt Grove in Stillwater, OK, that ran along a creek. My cousin and I pulled out 32 discs in 20 minutes. Called everyone that had a number on it (as you should) and most let us keep them. I believe I was able to return one or two back to their original owners. There were a lot of discs in other parts of that creek over the years as well. We dubbed it the River Styx.

Misc. places or all of the above whatever suits your fancy. And I've also lost or left them there myself. Hell I've found discs left right in a basket.

Misc. places or all of the above whatever suits your fancy. And I've also lost or left them there myself. Hell I've found discs left right in a basket.

my old roommate was on his first round and I let him borrow a driver (when I only had a few discs) and he found a putter in the basket of hole 18. No Name No Number. There was a guy putting at the practice basket and said he had been there for twenty minutes and didn't see anyone leave. He was a little upset as he was going to start doing his long putts right after we drove from the practice to that one but figured he would wait until we were done. He could of had a new putter.

There was a hole at Hoyt Grove in Stillwater, OK, that ran along a creek. My cousin and I pulled out 32 discs in 20 minutes. Called everyone that had a number on it (as you should) and most let us keep them. I believe I was able to return one or two back to their original owners. There were a lot of discs in other parts of that creek over the years as well. We dubbed it the River Styx.

:hfive:

Oh yeah! My friend and I did that in 09 at that spot. Pulled out 20 or so in an hour. That creek stank, but ot was totally worth it. That's cool you mentioned that it.

I walk my dog every morning at Jimmy Porter Park in Carrollton, TX. We average about 2 found disc per week. Not even really looking for discs. Over half of them are usually right in the middle of the fairway.

I walk my dog every morning at Jimmy Porter Park in Carrollton, TX. We average about 2 found disc per week. Not even really looking for discs. Over half of them are usually right in the middle of the fairway.

I dated a girl who worked at 6:30 and I would stay over and wake up when she did and play some disc. The course I played is filled with "Rednecks" who like to drink and play late, so I would find a ton in the AM rounds. Its nice when you drive, land in the middle of the fairway and find a disc that yours landed next to.

:hfive:

Oh yeah! My friend and I did that in 09 at that spot. Pulled out 20 or so in an hour. That creek stank, but ot was totally worth it. That's cool you mentioned that it.

It was a great spot but I wouldn't get in there anymore. That basket has been stolen so many times now that they put in new holes elsewhere so there are not as many people losing discs there. Also, it has only gotten dirtier since we did it (also in 09). The risk has gone way up and I doubt there are many there anyways.

I dated a girl who worked at 6:30 and I would stay over and wake up when she did and play some disc. The course I played is filled with "Rednecks" who like to drink and play late, so I would find a ton in the AM rounds. Its nice when you drive, land in the middle of the fairway and find a disc that yours landed next to.

speaking of drunks, I was playing an early AM tournament rd at Owens field in Columbia SC and we were teeing on on hole 18. the teepad is in the woods. one of guys in my group went off the side of the tee into the deep rough, while we were looking for his discs a dude starts sitting up and groaning, the guy whose disc was back there shrieked and ran out of the woods as fast as he could. it was a bum who was sleeping off the previous nights festivities.

I was one of those idiots who left a disc 10 feet from the basket. I was -4 after 4 holes (it was a short course, but still)... parked it on the 5th hole, had an uphill putt and was so focused on the putt I left my driver laying there. Went back once I realized I didn't have it, about 6 holes later and it was gone :/

Oh, and a couple guys were behind my group and said they never saw it there. I offered 2 discs to them in the event that it would magically appear in their bag. "Nope, sorry". Completely killed my vibe.

This sounds like what happened to me: Focused on putt, left driver, & the group behind decided to stop playing & leaves. I realize my disc is missing after a few holes, go back & the disc is not where it was.

It was a great spot but I wouldn't get in there anymore. That basket has been stolen so many times now that they put in new holes elsewhere so there are not as many people losing discs there. Also, it has only gotten dirtier since we did it (also in 09). The risk has gone way up and I doubt there are many there anyways.

Stoolwater, OK. Love that place

Rednecks in London. That is awesome

I have found them just lying near the basket, as if the person dropped it, or forgot it.

Latest posts