• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is YOUR left hand? :)

I know where it is at, but I have no idea what the heck it is doing...
img_4595_800x533.png

My left hand never knew what to do in the middle of a putt, so I stuck another putter in it. Now I take every putt with another putting in my left hand. This is good for another reason, too: when you're warming up for a round, you almost always take two or three putters to the practice basket, so it gets you in the habit of having something else to hold. I think Nikko might also hold an extra putter. Really helps me out and gives Left something to do while Right is busy.

I don't pump. I get into my stance with my disc above my right thigh gripped in both hands, settle in, take my second hand off and let it hang down by my left hip then putt.

I start with my disc about my navel area.

I take my disc back to the starting position, then touch it slightly from the left with my left hand. When i start my pre-putt swinging, i always come back to the left hand which rests in that position till the disc is in the basket. Somehow helps me to swing on a straight line. Or so i think.

I think this thread only exists for the driving scenario. Where your hands go while you are putting is not a prerubeable topic.

I think this thread only exists for the driving scenario. Where your hands go while you are putting is not a prerubeable topic.

I do my homework;)

also @MikeC (or whoever else): I don't have a crazy pump, it's maybe a couple inches as most...more just finding the "arm line" than pretending I'm going to release it.

I had to go grab a putter to see how I did it - I put my arm behind my back speed skater style. Guess that makes my putts faster around corners.

Surprising, made it this far and no one said they putt Michael Jackson style.

I leave mine behind my back hanging down. It's a more rewarding fist pump that way when I make my 7footers.

I find mine on my disc until just before I release it, don't know if it pulls my disc or not, will have to take note next time I play

I hold the disc with both hands to get my angle set up then I drop it to my side and turn it off while I waggle my wrist to ready it for doing a putting snap. I believe when I actually throw the putt my left elbow kicks back with my leg, but it could also be making origami for all I know.

Typically I have it out slightly like a surfer or skateboarder balancing, especially during putts. On drives, my left hand pulls back slightly when my right side does and then splays out.

i think i usually keep mine somewhere out to the side like an airplane wing hahaha

Latest posts