• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where should I sell plastic?

CrazieJ

Where do you guys go to get the most $ for your plastic. I've seen the auction pages on FB and Ebay. I've got some old innova that I want to get the most I can for.

The Marketplace here. You have to pay a little bit to post, but it's well worth it if you have anything unique. Otherwise, the raffles on Facebook get way more money than any disc is worth. Hell, ten tickets at $3 a piece still sells out for decent plastic and banks cash.

If its any good, you're probably going to get more for it here, where the buyers are more informed, and know whats what.

If its average stuff, that you THINK is worth big money, but it really isn't, then stick
it on Ebay, with a "rare" or a "collectable" tag, some sucker will buy it.

Old: DGCR Marketplace--best value other than online raffle
New: Facebook, Ebay--big bux from 15 yo dot.com millionaires
Found: Local disc store--best at getting a disc back to its owner, if inked, and a good source of course news, groups, trends
Stolen: PIAS--they'll take anything: Grooves, Epics, 10m Bricks....

Stay away from running raffles unless you know your state laws and have the appropriate permit(s) if allowed. If you do run a raffle, definitely do not run the item(s) for >$500 and make sure you file taxes on all sales. Dependent on the amount of funds you generate over the taxable year, you still could see fines and jail time for tax evasion regardless if you file taxes on sales if a jurisdiction is inclined to prosecute.

Would like to see a dedicated disc buy/sell/trade site, similar to what Discaroo was, but with real dollars. Others like the DGCR marketplace and Facebook have formats that are to cumbersome to search for what you are looking for.

Also, the traffic on the DGCR Marketplace has died down significantly compared to a year or two ago.

Stay away from running raffles unless you know your state laws and have the appropriate permit(s) if allowed. If you do run a raffle, definitely do not run the item(s) for >$500 and make sure you file taxes on all sales. Dependent on the amount of funds you generate over the taxable year, you still could see fines and jail time for tax evasion regardless if you file taxes on sales if a jurisdiction is inclined to prosecute.

Lol. This guy

Latest posts