• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Bag?

Rafiki

I've been looking at all the DIY bags and I wanted to do one. I have a known one from target, aka the embark bag and then I saw this Wilson tennis bag at academy and also got that one. Which one would you choose? They both work great. The bark bag has more pockets and is bigger. The Wilson one has the right look as well. I'm torn maybe I'll just keep both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 168
Why not just save up for a used grip? They're made for the sport and last forever. Not to mention take so much strain off your back from the design. The Wilson one looks more efficient, but it says Wilson and has a tennis racquet on it. imho.

The disc like more accessible in the blue bag. Looks like it was made for disc golf. The other has nice colors but it reminds me of digging into a grocery bag when looking to find the disc you want.

As for pockets, well there appears the bag has one on the right with a zipper, phone, wallet, and so on can go there, the netting will work for a marker. The beer, well that might be a problem, have your buddy carry it. If there is netting on the left your buddy is safe.

No, really the blue bag looks great. Nice find.

Why not just save up for a used grip? They're made for the sport and last forever. Not to mention take so much strain off your back from the design. The Wilson one looks more efficient, but it says Wilson and has a tennis racquet on it. imho.

What he said. You can probably find a used L series in the 100-120 range these days, which is a nice deal. They're worth the money.

I honestly don't need to save up for one of the disc golf specific bags. I just can't justify paying 120-100 for a used bag let alone 200+. Just my honest opinion. I think the Wilson tennis bag is perfect for what I need. They are both an upgrade from a $10 golf mate bag from academy.

Either bag looks great. I'd pick the one with the heaviest duty material. I agree, not worth it to buy a used bag for over $100 when one of those will do just as well. Plus it feels better to have something unique.

Which ever one feels better quality for the price is the one I would go with along with the best comfort.

I have a friend with the embark backpack that you have and its pretty nice, Definitely lightweight and plenty of room for everything while being comfortable. With ether one though I would highly recommend using truck bed lining on the bottoms so they can't be scuffed,ripped,punctured and it will be waterproof!

Between the two, I'd say the Wilson. It looks like it is easier to reach your disc, and it looks like it may be better quality.

Comfort should be #1. In any bag that isn't designed for disc golf, you're going to sacrifice features and some ease of use. What's most important is how the straps are and how they feel when loaded up. For most people, the switch to a backpack over quads has a lot to do with how you feel after a day of disc. Reduced fatigue and soreness is an actual game helping feature of backpacks. So even in the DIY world, that's a benefit you want to strive for.

i have the target one. its the lightest bag i've ever used. my wife uses it now. no issues with it at all. don't know much about the other one, but i 100% agree on wasting $$ on a disc golf specific bag. every brand is a total rip off compared to other sport specific backpacks.

Latest posts