• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Baskets do you shoot better on

Which Basket do you score best on

• Total voters

gkeberhart

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Seeing as I was writing in another thread here and I had a brief insight into my game, I thought I would make this thread to talk about it.

Im using the four most common that I hear, but if there is another please feel free to chime in!

Please keep in mind that the really old mach series catchers are CRAP compared to the new ones.

For example, locally Ellison's baskets are okay...but Naples has really really nice baskets...old mach versus new mach.

\/\/

Please keep in mind that the really old mach series catchers are CRAP compared to the new ones.

For example, locally Ellison's baskets are okay...but Naples has really really nice baskets...old mach versus new mach.

\/\/

that is why i left it at Mach Series...there are too many to try and list each one. New or Old i shoot like crap on both, disc goes straight through each time or off the center pole and back out

3578490141_1ba2c99ff7.jpg

To be honest, I've never thought about it. I always assumed that when my discs didn't go in the basket, it was because of something I did.

I never thought about it either, but then again on the discatchers I seem to hit the yellow band around the top a lot. Maybe it's just too distracting...

I have often wondered if it is psychological for some people or if maybe certain chain configurations catch different discs and/or throw styles better. From what I hear though you can pretty much throw a Mack Truck at a Titan and it will catch it...havent played on one though.

the only thing that really bugs me are the yellow innova chastity belts and the damn hooks on most baskets that seem to snatch the rim of my disc and flip it out.

i dont blame a basket if i have a chain-out. just makes you be more accurate to hit the pole. or to drop it in the basket, or to use a gummier disc, or to use less power, or to use a heavier putter, etc.

my friend actually had a disc fly out after being in the chains, the wind caught it ahhahahaha.

I never thought about it either, but then again on the discatchers I seem to hit the yellow band around the top a lot. Maybe it's just too distracting...

Yep. I seem to hit that yellow band a lot more frequently than hitting the top of the Mach 3's I usually play on. Do they really have the same dimensions between the top of the bottom of the basket and the top of the chains? That thick yellow band makes Discatchers seem like they provide a shorter target top to bottom...

the only thing that really bugs me are the yellow innova chastity belts and the damn hooks on most baskets that seem to snatch the rim of my disc and flip it out.

i dont blame a basket if i have a chain-out. just makes you be more accurate to hit the pole. or to drop it in the basket, or to use a gummier disc, or to use less power, or to use a heavier putter, etc.

my friend actually had a disc fly out after being in the chains, the wind caught it ahhahahaha.

I had a gummy Pro Rhyno bounce out after a dead nuts center hit from 15 feet. Twice. Same day. And it was softer than normal from sitting in my car all day.

OP - I have no basket preference.

how about the saucer baskets at Moir or Hansen? Anybody that's played there probably hates them...
IMG00199.jpg

I play worse on the Innova baskets, but it is all due to my mental breakdowns. I actually just bought a discatcher as my practice basket. Hopefully this helps with the confidence and execution on all baskets.