• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which feels better, a short hole ace or long hole fairway ace?

1 on the scorecard > 2+

Regular ace! I'm not going to be picky. Short aces are still aces!

I've never gotten an ace in 12 years, but have hit at least a dozen ~200-250' fairway shots. They are pretty frikkin cool, but there's still that part of me that wants the true ace.

This past month I've been getting dangerously close. I've had my Champ Beast go in dead center on the fade and bounce out twice on the same basket and my new Surge SS has hit chains 4 times now. It's elusive and so I'm definitely of the mindset right now that I want the real ace.

Already been said...only one reason you can write a "1" so that is the best.

I don't have one yet, so I'd be happy to hit one on a 50' hole.

I've got a couple 200'+ fairway makes, but I don't see how they could possibly live up to what an ace feels like...not that I'd know.

I wouldn't know either. On my last outing I parked a 311 foot open hole with my Teebird for a drop-in deuce. At my stage in the game, THAT felt pretty good! An ace would be great, but any good shot feels pretty good right now.

Curtis

I have 13 aces, but the best shot I have executed was a "fairway ace" on a par 4. I have never heard of anyone else pulling a 2 on this hole either (Hole 17 Seatac in Seattle). A 495' hard dogleg right with a very tight landing zone on the drive and a guardian tree over the basket. I threw a Buzzz on both shots. I am more excited about that hole because of the difficulty vs any of my aces.
First off, let me say I have never two'd 17, not even close, but, its been birdied. ( O.G.'s play Seatac as a 54, not a 60, Guy and Herm designed it as a 54)
Big arms pull huge annys over the trees and land down by the apples next to the basket.
Feldy actually overthrew it and landed in the trees south of the apples, next to the road in one Jetwash.

I personally witnessed a two on 18. Almost sh*t myself. Guy drove deep, past the path, then threw a thumber over the tall firs and drained it.

The one that still amazes me the most though is, somebody aced 11 there.

Latest posts