• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Which XL is the best XL ?

esp xl (not flx) (see avatar) as my primary driver

d xl for "disposable" shots ie water etc

Z XL is the best XL. Don't listen to anyone else. Unless they agree with me.

But really, they're durable, can be shaped for any line, and are just the perfect fairway driver. Getchusome!

The best XL I had was an old Z XL, stamped like this:

thumbnail.asp

It flew like a controllable, fresh Valk. The gummy ESP XL I tried to replace it with was flippy garbage.

only because it was my first disc pro-d. I no longer throw discraft so...
my opinion doesn't really matter on this one.

My friend has a Z plastic XL as his go to 250-350 range driver. He is able to control it really well it forested courses. He finds it a really predictable disc. It is also worn in pretty well for Z plastic.

Ive fou d the z's to move more (r to l). Some may find this to be a great workhorse and/or line shaping trait.
I like my xl to want to go lazer straight but easily put on anny or swooping hyzer lines, so i used a old baseline and x combo (with the x being a lil flippier).
I found esps want to anny but can easily be worked on other lines.
Flx is for those that want to pretend theyre throwing xl's...but without the glide or forward fade its no xl imo.

Z XL is the best XL. Don't listen to anyone else. Unless they agree with me.

But really, they're durable, can be shaped for any line, and are just the perfect fairway driver. Getchusome!

This!! Z xl is a hyzerflip machine it is the easiest 300ft you'll find. You can even pump it out to 350 with a nice smooth pull and a bit of snap on a hyzer it will pop up to flat and motor.

This!! Z xl is a hyzerflip machine it is the easiest 300ft you'll find. You can even pump it out to 350 with a nice smooth pull and a bit of snap on a hyzer it will pop up to flat and motor.
I almost agree with that. IMO the X or D XL will get your more easy D than a Z, G.

I just threw the 172 Z XL I got RHBH flat and it flipped like crazy I have a beat ESP that doesnt flip that much . Im going to throw it some more before it finds a place in my bag

Latest posts