• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who actually won or placed in a ACE RACE!

I have never played in a Discraft Ace Race, but last year (2010) I held an Ace Race event and let players bring their own discs to throw. I ended up winning the event with 1 Ace, 4 metal hits (no other aces were hit).

This year, I am hosting a Discraft Ace Race event (in Alpena, MI on Saturday, September 17th). I am splitting up the field by divisions that I normally use for League (Open, Recreational, Youth) for both men and women and awarding prizes (acquired by the disc golf club) to the top finishers of each division. The *Grand Prize* that Discraft sends will be awarded to the player with the most Aces overall (no matter what division that player comes from). Since I have active Youth Boys and Recreational Women Divisions, all holes will be 150-180 feet. To place players by division, Aces will be worth 2 points and metal hits will be worth 1 point. All players will earn money for points accumulated during the Ace Race from the Ace Jackpot, the payout per point will depend on cash amount of Ace Jackpot divided by number of total points of all players. Optional $5 purchase of 10 mulligans to use on missed throws added to Ace Jackpot, giving you 46 throws instead of 36.

I am also working on getting some CTP prizes together for a few holes. I definately don't plan on winning this year and if I did.... I wouldn't be keeping any of the grand prize as I would donate it to the local disc golf club for use in future events. However, I am looking forward to hosting and playing in my first Discraft Ace Race.

Latest posts