• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most courses within 25 miles?

6 of these are outside of 25 miles. Why does a search for within 25 miles reveal a course 33.5 miles away?

Actual number is 48

Could the zip code be an area ~8 miles wide? For example 25 miles east if you are on the east side but 33 miles east if you are on the west side.

Perhaps the selection algorithm for some reason (speed?) uses a different set of coordinates or calculations than the final distance calculations displayed? For example, maybe the selection process uses zip code centroids but the final displayed mileage for courses found in those zip codes is calculated based on actual lat/lons of the courses.

Last edited:
(Big Creek isn't 4 stars?).

Only 3.67 on 12 reviews. 3.75 based on 2 trusted reviewers - one of which (3.5) was Kenton almost 4 years ago. I wonder if he would bump that up to a 4 these days?

I haven't played it in 10 years, so I don't know if it's worthy of 4 stars. The feeling I get is that people want to like it, but the rough and poison ivy (in the summer) make it tough to love.

Just moved to Charlotte! (Mint Hill) so i have 25 courses within 25 miles....sweet. Before that it was 13...and maybe 4 were worth it.

5 courses, but 25 miles around here is nothing. I regularly go play courses in 50-75 mile range all the time.

I also might add, the zip code search tends to make errors by putting in courses beyond the set limit and sometimes omitting ones that should be inside of it, so for an accurate count, do your search with the 50 mile radius, and count off the ones that are within 25 miles.

I'd like to live in Charlotte. I visit there every once in a while because it's pretty close to me. They have a bunch of quality courses!

76107=35 courses including ZBoaz, Veteran's, Turner, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Bear Creek, and Bicentennial.

Latest posts