• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why are we throwing 200ft shots w/ putters?

Play a round with just your Putter. You'll understand.

Hmmm, my first ace was with a putter at 180', my last ace was again with a putter on that same hole. Putters can be throw with force and will not go too far. Where if I throw a buzz with the same force it will go way past the pin.

Wow..im lovin the hate. Not necessarily talking about throwing from the TEE only.

I laugh at people that throw putters from the tee...

So your laughing at some top pros.......depending on the situation it might be in your best interest to throw a putter. I don't think anyone here is saying they throw putters from the tee ALL THE TIME...

Also, no one is saying YOU NEED TO THROW PUTTERS OFF THE TEE....keep on doing what you want. :D

Last edited:
Hmmm, my first ace was with a putter at 180', my last ace was again with a putter on that same hole. Putters can be throw with force and will not go too far. Where if I throw a buzz with the same force it will go way past the pin.

I aced a 176ft hole with a putter once. I putted it, I didn't throw it. It was downhill.

I have thrown putters off of the tee before. I throw them forehand. I've had 20 or more forehand aces with Pirahnas, Zones and Magnets. I just don't throw them backhand.

WE are not throwing putters. Many people do. I still throw sharp edge discs on 180ft holes. They often skip in and if they skip by so what, I can putt. I have 135 aces and over 60 PDGA wins. I'm not a superhuman. I do the same things anyone of you can do.

I guess to each their own. I find the skip detrimental to my short game, but you seem to be able to control it so it works for you. Me, I'm more likely to get an ace throwing straight at the basket than I am trying to control a skip towards the basket.

the only time I have problems with putters and wind is when I'm putting. well truth be told I'm terrible at putting. off the tee I ain't skeered of no wind.

I apparently I have hit a soft spot in the Disc Golf community. I officially apologize for the reckless use of the word "We" in my thread title. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. I should have asked, Why would someone not necessarily you...;)

Long story short, putters are good, (chrishysell doesn't think so but that is okay), and I really don't care if you use them or not

Latest posts