• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why did PIAS Carrollton Texas Close?

Carter

Eagle Member
Does anyone have the story on why they closed down? I haven't been up that way for a while and just saw online that they're closed.

I figured there's enough of a DFW crowd here to possibly get an answer.

I think PIAS is a franchised entity so if the business owner can't make due on obligations , gonna shut down. I know nothing about the DFW area, but this is my guess. Or… the owners retired and could not find a buyer….or the rent was took damned high.

I think PIAS is a franchised entity so if the business owner can't make due on obligations , gonna shut down. I know nothing about the DFW area, but this is my guess. Or… the owners retired and could not find a buyer….or the rent was took damned high.

Basically what happened here in Athens, GA.
Owner retired and no one took over.
Sucked too, because there were some good deals to be found on nice plastic...

Rent was (about to be) too damned high. They closed shop rather than pay the higher rent.

Rent was (about to be) too damned high. They closed shop rather than pay the higher rent.

this.

also, there is a new pias in mckinney off of 75 just north of Towne Lake/Alex clark.

also, this belongs in the DFW thread.

Cool, thanks for the info. I apologize for bringing extraneous fluff into the razor sharp focus of DGCR :D Next time I'll shop around for a better forum/thread to post in/on.

Best selection in DFW area is DD in Lewisville and Quick Stop in Arlington. Both have great courses nearby.

Yeah... DFW thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts