• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Why no love for the beast?

Well, the Beast just singlehandedly ruined my plan for the winter. I cut my bag down to what you see in my sig because I needed to work on form and learn discs rather than spending more money. The plan has been going great. My game has been getting more consistent, I've been pushing a bit more distance and accuracy out of these discs, and my scores... Have stayed pretty much the same.

So tonight I went out to play glow and immediately broke my black light. A buddy hands me a Champ Beast with an LED, so I use that. Now, I know that I can't backhand a Champ Beast to save my life, but I've gotten some decent shots with one sidearm in the past... So I figure, why not? I proceed to set personal records on every hole that I flick it on. Dead on accuracy and I outdrove my all time best drives on two of the holes by at least 50'. On the final hole of the night I parked it 15' from a hole I never thought I would birdie. And clanged the putt. Guess I'm going Beast shopping tomorrow.

was that an old mold beast or new?
Beast is awesome for flicks.

I love my red pre-flight #s Star beast. Nice long S-Shots for me. I grew up on Champ Beasts, I've easily owned and lost 30+ Champ Beasts.

The first disc I purchased was a double stamped Pro Beast. The second time I played disc golf, the stars aligned and I had a perfect tunnel shot that parked right next to the basket and I was immediately hooked.

Then I went out and purchased a Champ Beast, which was just ok. I found that as I was getting further distances with my throws, I used the Beasts less and less. There were other discs in my bag I preferred more and they were finally edged out of the bag and traded.

The Beast is a fine disc, I just lost interest in it.

I've had several beasts and They were bombers for sure. I liked how you could get an easy straight line out of them. But they just aren't as versatile if you only want one distance driver in your bag.

The old mold Beasts are my favorite driver of all time. I am able to shape more lines with this disc than any other disc I have thrown. My first and most recent ace were both with the Beast. I really wish I could try the old mold in some of the new plastic blends, but I can't say that I am at all disappointed with my old pearly plastic.

I have had some great Beast throws. Picked up a DX as my driver last year after a 7 year break in playing. I quickly beat it into a flippy mess and then lost it. Found a well worn champ a few months later. I learned to hyzer flip it and was instantly back to liking the Beast. Bought a new one, gave the found one to a friend. Rarely throw it any more.

I find the Beast unpredictable in comparison to other discs fighting for that spot in the bag. Could be my poor form or massive power combined with OAT. Either way I stopped throwing it and it never comes up in conversation as a recommendation. Maybe now that my form is improving I should give it some more bag time for eval...

Latest posts