• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why some holes suck...blame the chucker

If it was me, and it's hard to say without being there firsthand but, I'd scrap this hole altogether. Maybe make it an alternate long that holes out near the waterhole but played from the last hole. At least as an alternate, it's only going to have discs potentially crashing in the neighbor's yard every other month/week rather than year round. :\

If it was me, and it's hard to say without being there firsthand but, I'd scrap this hole altogether. Maybe make it an alternate long that holes out near the waterhole but played from the last hole. At least as an alternate, it's only going to have discs potentially crashing in the neighbor's yard every other month/week rather than year round. :\

Oh I am scrapping it....that was the premise of the thread...I am still toying with an approach from the other side of the creek but thats problematic as well as I am not supposed to throw over deep water or near properties on the other side of the stream either

basically I may end up with 2 really bland filler holes

attachment.php

Attachments

• dgcourse.jpg
    dgcourse.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 89
I presume this is your "Chucker's Paradise" hole? The yellow line is 330' from road to where I think is the waterfall/pond.

optidischole.jpg

I presume this is your "Chucker's Paradise" hole? The yellow line is 330' from road to where I think is the waterfall/pond.

optidischole.jpg

haha pretty close but it would end up another 100 feet next to the waterfall....the true flight path would go into the bay window or the red sportscar in that property that hyzers off 250-350 from the chucker tee :doh:

Hey man, if Google Earth says it's 330', I believe it. You told me it was 330', you also said that from road to road it was 500', Google sez ~450'. :| ;)

How about a big sign next to the tee that says "Thrower will be responsible for damage to private property" :popcorn:

How about a blind from that little opening to the left of the fairway (on the satellite map)? Is that even realistic?

Oh wait...that would be over water which is against the rules :(

330ish from where I was gonna put the tee (the exact coordinate) to the waterfall

from the chucker tee to the furthest part of the creek is almost 500 I think...also the bay window is probably at the 230-250 foot mark from the chucker tee lmao

Also, I think if you do two fillers in this space, you will also get people trying to play the 2nd basket from the 1st tee pad or sidewalk....although these people would probably be a bit more experienced than your typical chucker.

You're right that the house is like, bulls eye for a 0.2 years Boss chuck. Looks like it would be nice if you can turn the hole around somehow.

Last edited:
Also, I think if you do two fillers in this space, you will also get people trying to play the 2nd basket from the 1st tee pad or sidewalk....although these people would probably be a bit more experienced than your typical chucker.

nah Im gonna go up one side of the stream and back down the other side

.....throwing from close to the falls to a basket equidistant from both streets (that way the basket is always 250-270 ft from the streets and chucker proof)

...then coming back downstream the other side of the stream

Its an amazing area if it wasnt for the properties :p

What if some wild bamboo just suddenly appeared near the rogue house between it and the grass? :p

Pro pin and am pin? Hide the pro pin/make it a mach 5?

Last edited:
Jane - "hmmm Edgar weve lived here 40 yrs and never had bamboo or hippies in our front yard before"

Edgar - "I don't know must be that global warming"

^What about the multiple pin idea? Sorry if my ideas are weird or stupid.

no ideas are weird or stupid

I am gonna most likely scale the ideas back here....the really fun holes are across the street and these 2 holes are just a way to get from the first 9 holes to the 7 holes to the north....although the potential is there for amazing holes theres also the potential for catastrophe

2 pins is not a bad idea....but I'm gonna try to break the town in slowly 1 pin at a time

^Yeah, I would say make it a really sterile simple shot, then after the course is complete, tuck a mach 5 or something else invisible off the tee in the bushes at your ideal pin location. That way the typical chucker wont see it, wont even want to throw at it, or wont know why its there. I mean, if you can't ace it, why bother? ;)

Could you put the tee in that little pocket on the left and play through the woods to the pond/waterfall?

Bingview.jpg

The waterfall does not need to be "in play" to be a feature. Just walking past it is enough.

If you are trying to get from Church Street to Walnut, it might work to put a tee right of the bridge (on the sidewalk near where it says "E Church St", with the target as far down there into the trees next to the stream as you can.

Then, forget about the second hole. It's a nice walk along the stream to the next hole.