• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why Throw Giant Hyzer??

Hyzers are really easy to range, and very predictable. Flat shots are tougher to make stop right by the basket, you're more likely to end up short or long than with those big hyzers. You can also go for the ace run with that kind of shot and still end up right there if you miss.

This is 100% the reason. If you are given the choice of going right at something or putting up a hyzer line at it, you should go for the hyzer line because it is 10 times easier to get it in the spot that you want it rather than take the chance and shoot straight at it and come up short or blow by it

Sorry, discgolfplanet.tv is not Apple-friendly because of the Adobe $$ fight between the two.

Yes yes yes it does work with apple products. Download the Livestream app from the app store and you can find out whenever disc golf planet tv is broadcasting and you can watch it on there. I do it all the time.

This is 100% the reason. If you are given the choice of going right at something or putting up a hyzer line at it, you should go for the hyzer line because it is 10 times easier to get it in the spot that you want it rather than take the chance and shoot straight at it and come up short or blow by it

Especially since it's an elevated pin.

Yes yes yes it does work with apple products. Download the Livestream app from the app store and you can find out whenever disc golf planet tv is broadcasting and you can watch it on there. I do it all the time.

I tried that yesterday, but when I did, all I got was John in the controlroom, until at some point, it just said there was no mobile stream available. I could only watch on my PC.

Why are all these guys throwing a giant huge hyzer way out to the right and coming back in to the basket? Maybe I'm missing something, but this hole is really wide open. Why throw a big huge hyzer on an open hole? By the looks of it, I would just throw something straight at it or a tiny hyzer maybe.

Ball golfers play this way as well. Ben Hogan was famous for having a super long turnover shot, and he worked it into a high soft fade that was much more distance predictable, and landed much softer. They just hate hitting straight shots. Most pro golfers have this pattern, and only turn a ball over when absolutely necessary.

Bruce Lietzke is the ultimate lazy golfer. He developed a high fade that could go over trees, taking the objects out of play. If he had to turn the ball over, he would just miss the fairway, lol. And he won and won a lot. He was almost always in the fairway and on the green because he would just aim left, and let it fade back... EVERY TIME.

Now in disc golf, we are going hundreds of feet, not hundreds of yards, so flying trees is not that easy. Still, if you developed the habit of throwing a hyzer at every possible situation, then you will notice yourself in great approach positions, if you think the course out correctly.

This is why some disc golfers play at par most all the time, while some will hit par, then hit 10+ par, and really struggle with a consistent game, even though they throw the same exact distance. Ones that always go to their "shot" will have highly predictable driving positions. I have destroyed guys who could out-throw me by 100 feet simply because they were turning their disc over [anhyzer], and were not predictable at it.

The real answer is that they're all little pussies who don't have the guts to throw right at the target.

Interesting, thank you.

Thanks for all the info folks! Makes a ton of sense now. Now I just have to find time to play so I can do it!

I saw the hole you're talking about, it was #5. They all threw such wide hyzers because a more natural hyzer route was blocked by a pine tree. And left OB/trees are too close for a forehand.

This answer is spot on. You only that pine tree in right in the way for a naturally fading shot. You either have to shoot right up the gut at it, or swing a wide hyzer. I will probably be swinging the wide hyzer today.

Latest posts