• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Why use DX plastics?

Because it's hard to find Polecats in premium plastic. :|

Some molds (a Gator for example) break in a lot easier to their "sweet spots" than the same disc in a premium plastic variant.

1. Water, shots with a risk of loss
2. Because the mold isn't available in Pro and next to Pro plastic, DX has the best glide and breaks in fast.
3. Something that should be mentioned is DX is the easiest to throw. Newer players should not overlook it.

Maybe there is something else I am forgetting to repeat that has already been in this thread.

Personaly, I would never use that cheapo plastic. Even pro feels cheap to me.

But from what I heared, people like that dx beats in till the disc flies like a totaly different one. Appearantly, that's what they want.

i love me some dx plastic.. breaks in nice, cheap, great grip, plus i throw teebirds and rocs and you just cant be them in dx plastic .. even more so if we are talking the pre-2003 DX plastic.. that stuff is pure buttah :thmbup: .. just something about dirty beat up dx plastic that i love

.. even more so if we are talking the pre-2003 DX plastic.. that stuff is pure buttah :thmbup: .. just something about dirty beat up dx plastic that i love

mmmm, banshees, arrrrrrggllgllglggglg (what the onomatopoeia for homer simpson?)

LOVE my old beat up tasty banshees, i dont know what i would do without them. that plastic feels like a pillow i just wanna cuddle with it:rolleyes:

i throw dx rocs and aviar putters... i prefer the grip of dx plastic for shots that are thrown at less than full throttle... of course all of them i throw are from the late 90's...

the flight paths of broken in stable disc in base plastic are more reliable than than an out of the box premium plastic disc

mold minimalism is a plus too. after I have been playing for awhile (years) I will probably add more specialized molds as I become more comfortable with my workhorse molds, but right now most of my understable discs are beat in versions of stable ones and I like it that way.

the flight paths of broken in stable disc in base plastic are more reliable than than an out of the box premium plastic disc

mold minimalism is a plus too. after I have been playing for awhile (years) I will probably add more specialized molds as I become more comfortable with my workhorse molds, but right now most of my understable discs are beat in versions of stable ones and I like it that way.

exactly what i do with DX banshees...i used to rock champs for my overstable driver shot, but once i put on my big boy pants and started using something more stable, i just didnt want to let them go. the DXs fly like a base plastic river (i said this in another thread like yesterday) and also works wonders on understable rollers, quick turning overhand shots, etc. even though the top had a slight dip near the edge of the rim unlike a river, the difference in feel is subtle enough for me to not really notice. may have taken my years to aquire such a spot in my bag, but your completely right about the specialized stuff.

Maybe its just me but I feel that DX plastic is the easiest to grip when wet. Its still got that tacky feeling I like that Champ/Star/Eco just doesn't maintain when it gets wet. Don't know how anybody else feels about that but it works for me.

exactly what i do with DX banshees...i used to rock champs for my overstable driver shot, but once i put on my big boy pants and started using something more stable, i just didnt want to let them go. the DXs fly like a base plastic river (i said this in another thread like yesterday) and also works wonders on understable rollers, quick turning overhand shots, etc. even though the top had a slight dip near the edge of the rim unlike a river, the difference in feel is subtle enough for me to not really notice. may have taken my years to aquire such a spot in my bag, but your completely right about the specialized stuff.

hmmm making those dx banshess sound awfully nice :)

I love the grip that DX gives you. I know I would throw more DX plastic if I didn't enjoy hitting trees so much. Split a DX Cheetah in half about a month ago at Rivery in Georgetown.

To be able to beat it up. Dx feels great and if you beat up a dx roc it is the greatest thing in the world. I also like dx for strictly distance shots. Like a dx destroyer that is beat up will fly forever. It's not that people are afraid of loosing expensive plastic, every plastic has its place and they all get their fair share of use. It just depends on who you are and what you like.

There's nothing quite like a super beat chain grabbing DX Aviar, and a seasoned DX Gazelle can do some amazing things while gliding for days.I couldn't imagine playing a round without my trusty DX Rancho Roc that I've had since my first day of disc golf.I don't care for wide-rimmed drivers in DX plastic though, their flight characteristics change way to drastically.I did however crush my longest drive ever a couple of weeks ago with a DX Destroyer..mad glide.

I love DX Wraiths. I keep several of them in different stages of wear, for different lines.

My son in law has a DX teebird that I'm going to steal from him one night when he's sleeping. I love throwing that thing.

Latest posts