• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Will MVP ever release the Shock or Amp in Proton?

What the Shock and Amp be released in Proton?

• Total voters

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Will MVP ever release the Shock or Amp in Proton plastic? I love the Volt, Shock, and Amp. I bag 2 neutron and 2 proton volts (downgrading one of the protons soon) along with a single shock and amp but have been hoping for proton versions for months. Will it ever happen?

I'm hoping this winter they cease the new mold releases and focus on getting a full rollout of P & E drivers. I'd be incredibly excited for a P Resistor or P Motion. I'm a champion fan and I always like my beefcakes discs to be as durable as possible.

I used to drool at the prospect of a Proton Amp. Now, thoughts of base plastic dance in my head.

I would say that eventually, we'll see more Proton. But it might take a long while.

Proton motion will be out in the next month or two, if MVP sticks to the current release model. Would love an E envy or resistor.

Baseline plastic would be so nice. I'd take it for the Volt and Anode specifically.

But they are only missing Impulse, Motion, Shock, Amp, Resistor, Switch, Servo, and Tensor. Half the lineup is in one and the other half in Neutron only.

I would LOVE a soft neutron or proton driver. I don't even care which one they try it with, I would throw it with a smile. The soft neutron Envy has such an awesome feel, I imagine that would translate perfectly in a driver or a mid.

I would like to add, whenever it comes up, I always like to put it out into the universe: I'd like to see a Proton Tensor with a perfectly flat top and a touch more LSS. It wants just a bit more utility to define it's role for me, I think that could do it. To liven up the release, they could make it part of the artist series or something.

I voted "yes" but really the only true way to m determine it is through sales. Not every company releases every disc in every plastic. MVP/Axiom has expanded their lineup so much in the last 12 months that THEY might not even know what's coming in Proton next!

What a poor attitude to have. I feel sorry for you

Don't worry about him. He used to be the number one MVP guy on here. To a point of much annoyance. His gripe is lack of base plastic and too much overlap.

So he found a brand he likes better (Legacy) and has gone with them instead. No reason to feel sorry for him or imply that you're better than him. He simply chose to spend his dollars elsewhere. No problem there.

We should all be thankful that we have so many options these days. It wasn't that long ago that your choices were Innova, Discraft or Lightning.