• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wind direction test.

Man, how did I ever take second in the last tourney I played in, I never threw anything in the air to judge wind direction!? I must have been just a lucky "disc chucker" as you say...Sheeshx I'll never learn.

Disc chuckers get all kinds of lucky with just raw untapped power, crazy flex shots, and BS flicks. It's not uncommon for someone like that to come in second in a tourney. What did you play? Rec, intermediate?

Not checking the wind is stupid. Doesn't how you do it, as long as it's done.

The guy that doesn't check the wind is usually the guy wondering why his drive turned over, or why his shot faded hard when he threw a hyzer into a r-l crosswind.

I think it is a good idea to get in the same habits for casual rounds as rated.. that way you are used to reading wind the same way.

You know what drives me crazy? When players get up to drive and do a few warm up swings! Its like, you have obviously thrown a disc before!

If you cant tell, that was sarcastic... Does it matter if someone checks wind direction. Not only can you determine direction, but get a feel for wind speed.

I pay a lot of attention to wind speed and direction; I think its important to a throw both in casual and event play. I don't find it hard to perceive wind blowing on me if it's blowing enough to matter.

Grass pullers however greatly irritate me. If they can't figure out the wind by directly observing it with their own sensory organs they are bad at things and I look down upon them.

So, not that i don't check wind...but i love the guys use grass, and dont drop it...but like...toss it in an arbitrary direction....my friend and i have a running joke where we step up to putts and basically put a full throw into a handfull of grass in a random direction...we get some looks....its fun :D

Latest posts