• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter is coming what are we gearing up with.

Just ordered a DD hooded sweatshirt, doubt I throw discs in it though. Will probably get new windpants and some sort of performance undershirt for the cold.

Ima layer it up like every year. I put cutoff sweatshirt sleeves as cuffs around the bottom of my pants. It keeps the bottom of my pants dry and clean for those drop-of-the-hat rounds in the snow/sleet. wool socks, plastic bags in the shoes, thermals, sweatshirts, a scarf if need be and those giant factory issued leather gloves that are super warm and easy to take off and put on. i look like a real goon but it gets the job done.

That looks way too bulky and restrictive. I wear merino base layer, light synthetic insulating layer, and waterproof/windproof shell. Works really well and provides great range of motion.

If it is so cold that I have to wear this, I doubt I will be throwing many discs.
This is what I wear when I am camping and it is -17 out.

Ive picked up some new skis, bindings boots and climbing skins all for free(gotta love sponsorship)! Plus I picked up my first ever snow board. It's ski season!!!

Whats a good pair of waterproof hiking boots? Bought a pair of "waterproof" Merrells and first round with just a slight rain, and my feet were soaked! Biggest croch of **** ever, my standard gym shoes were more waterproof than these Merrells. And no I wasn't wearing shorts, I was wearing ski pants. Any suggestions?

Whats a good pair of waterproof hiking boots? Bought a pair of "waterproof" Merrells and first round with just a slight rain, and my feet were soaked! Biggest croch of **** ever, my standard gym shoes were more waterproof than these Merrells. And no I wasn't wearing shorts, I was wearing ski pants. Any suggestions?

Asolo makes a good boot. Had mine for three seasons and they still hold up great. I use them for BWCA trips and for winter golf. Will be buying another pair whenever they break down (which won't be any time soon).

I would go with keen boots.

Here in NC I gear up with a thick sweatshirt usually. And I'll probably be rocking' jeans instead of shorts. Hope you guys in the cold places enjoy the winter.

This is a review on the hand muff I want, I laughed so hard, this guy is ridiculous.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RCHAT9...e=UTF8&ASIN=B0049HPWQ2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=
That was pretty funny.

I like the muff for disc golf...especially because it has a Bears logo!

I thought that it might get in the way, but that is not the case.

How hard is it to find your disc if you are playing in a few inches of fresh snow? I would imagine you could find the entry point, but wouldn't it still travel under the snow?

It's not that hard if you see where it first hits the snow. They only travel under the snow when there is a layer of ice under a fresh snowfall. Even then, it's not that hard.

In fact, I have lost more discs in the summer months than winter.

Doesn't snow all that much here, it's just cold and hella windy. When it does snow it's normally just enough to mess up the roads and close school for a day or 2.
I'll be out in shorts, wool socks, maybe a layer or 2, a hoodie, and maybe a pack of hand warmers. God I hate pants...

Considering it will be hovering around 100 with 70-80% humidity tommorow as we all prepare for next weekends major event...no winter gear for me!

I am getting my thicker short sleeved shirts out for our terrible 50 degree NC winters.

But seriously a good pear of mittens that you can throw some hand warmers in are PERFECT... I wear those 1 size fits all gloves with the thumb, pointer, and middle fingers cut off...the only fingers I really use to hold a disc in any throwing style.

In New England, we gear up by purchasing a bottle of whiskey and only carrying a few slower, brightly colored discs. We also wrestle with grizzly bears to keep warm and grow our beards long and thick enough that we can brush off the teepads with them. To avoid the problem of losing discs in snow, we either throw them right in the basket or, if the hole is 800ft or more (ie not aceable), we simply put so much spin on the disc that the friction of the air heats it up and it melts all the snow within a 10ft radius when it lands. If entering a tourney, it's customary to get Chuck Norris as a caddy. He's usually willing because he likes learning how to be a badass by watching how it's done.

What's a little bit of snow and cold weather to those of us born and raised in it? Sledding, pond hockey, bumper hitching, etc... all kinds of fun things to do when it gets pretty outside. Cant imagine a little bit of disc golf will be any different.

Northface boots, longjohns and lightweight ski pants/overalls. A base layer, turtle neck, wind breaker and vest. Fleece hat and gloves and a pint of whiskey and we are ready for anything. Bring it on old man winter, been there and done that.

Time to bust out some new plastic, I usually try to cycle some new stuff into the bag. More DX, less KC, less CE, brighter colors, might even try some discraft this year.