• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter is coming what are we gearing up with.

this is the second time in a couple of days i have seen/heard of using quarterback hand warmers:thmbup:
going to have to look into one of these

Go to a gander mountain, cabelas, or bass pro and look in the hunting clothing for a muff. That's what those are called and most have pockets in them to add hand warmers also

We've been playing in the cold and snow of western NY for 5 years now. Sometimes with wind chills well below 0. We have different levels of polypro undergarments including socks. A neck gaiter vs. a scarf is priceless. Polar fleece or something similar is indispensable as outer wear. And some sort of muffler for the hands like football players or hunters use is a must. Except in the most bitter cold and even then rarely do I wear a glove on the throwing hand, so between shots a couple handwarmers inside that muffler and I'm good to go. Insulated waterproof boots are a must.

This year I'm considering gaiters for the deep snow and muck of late winter early spring.

We have all the necessary gear already except a new box of handwarmers.

Oh and laslty and perhaps most importantly, now is the time to start concentrating on following every shot, yours and everyone elses, to the ground. Nothing is more important than a keen set of eyes in the snow.

Well since I live in the north of Sweden. I´m just going to keep my mouth shut.
In a while it gets impossible to play disc golf.

155862_179926222034645_642909_n.jpg

This is how it starts, then all of a sudden you have snow to your waist and the basket is covered in white powder. :(

Sweden breeds some awesome hockey players, so you should probably switch to a stick and pucks soon. :D Or build an indoor course!

thermos full of coffee

but it's Texas so I bring the thermos whenever it's below 60 and drink it i my shorts and T-shirt and feel bad for all of you snow guys while I have fun tearing up the course

I feel sorry for you when it's so hot and humid that your sack permanently fuses to your leg, and you have to deal with bugs flying into your nose and mouth all day long. :D

Came out to the car this morning to find a thin layer of ice on the roof. Next month, I'll have to put the Blizzaks on the car. :/ I mostly just layer up in the winter. Pajama pants under scrubs pants under jeans, t-shirt under long t-shirt under hoodie. Indiana winters aren't all that bad.

I live in Washington, so I gear up differently:

Towels
Rain gear
Goretex shoes
Waterproof gloves
More towels
More Goretex

i dont play much in the summer due to the heat so im geared for 50 degree weather

I bought a pair of under armor gloves, and i gotta say... Those things rock. Really warm but not too bulky.

Get a pair for sure.

I went and tossed a round today, sub 50's and windy. I couldnt keep my hand from stiffening up and the worst part was that I couldnt keep them tacky/grippy. How do you guys keep your hands from drying out from the wind/cold.

Go to a gander mountain, cabelas, or bass pro and look in the hunting clothing for a muff. That's what those are called and most have pockets in them to add hand warmers also

cabelas is right by where work,i drive right past it,
i will have to blow through there and look:thmbup:

I am in North Dakota we get some pretty cold weather. So layers are key. Full set of long johns,t-shirt,then ibex base layer. Mountain hardwear bib's,and mountain hardwear jacket. Mittens,and face mask and a nice hat. I am oh so curious of this sheet that has been spoken about so you can practice drives. Please inform me of this set up.

Sorry, just need a sweatshirt and maybe a beenie. I'd still probably wear shorts even if it snowed anyway? Just glad I don't have to find out :)
I've seen pics of the snow and people playing disc golf in it....my hat is off to you guys!

Merino wool, down insulation layer, waterproof/windproof shell. Come at me bro.

Last edited:
They are military issue Arctic gloves. They are not good for disc golf, but they keep your hands very warm when working on the course or shoveling tee pads.

Last year our winter was really mild in the Black Hills so we didnt need too much other than a base layer and something over that but if it's a cold winter like it's supposed to be it will be the usual cold weather setup. Layers, layers, layers, and then to mix it up, more layers. I need to pick up some pocket handwarmers though.

Texas winters can be pretty warm, so mostly gearing up with some hoodies, hand warmers, and disc lights. I use the round LED tent lights on my baskets after the time changes. They rest on top and do a great job lighting them up.

It doesn't get cold enough here to really get cold while playing. Used to live in Russia and play soccer and hockey outdoors through the winter so I imagine I could make it playing dg if I lived somewhere cold.

Latest posts