• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wizard/Warlock Putter Question

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
I had a chance to try a Magic the other day. I liked the bit of a rise near the rim where your thumb can rest and get a nice grip.

Do the wizard and warlocks have this shape as well? I went to the Gateway website but I couldn't tell from the pictures.

not sure quite wat u mean but in most of their softer (SS SSS) putter plastics the disc will sink in where there is a nice little thumb spot after a little use if thats wat u r talking about.

not sure quite wat u mean but in most of their softer (SS SSS) putter plastics the disc will sink in where there is a nice little thumb spot after a little use if thats wat u r talking about.

Hard to describe in words, I know. Maybe that sag is what it is. I typically see this guy at the local course. I'll have to ask which model he has. But the center of the disc seemed a bit lower than the rim, creating a concave top. Really comfortable in the hand.

Mootaters, great pic, thanks.

As Gateways get used the tops tend to sag. Get a SS or SSS and you'll be able to sink your thumb in pretty good.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I was going to order a soft, but I'll go to the SS. That's gotta be it.

Hard to describe in words, I know. Maybe that sag is what it is. I typically see this guy at the local course. I'll have to ask which model he has. But the center of the disc seemed a bit lower than the rim, creating a concave top. Really comfortable in the hand.

Mootaters, great pic, thanks.

That "sag" is the indication of a well loved putter. After many rounds with the same putter, used just for putting there will be even impact over time (as opposed to asymmetrical impact from tree collisions). The gradual even impact (from the chains) while eventually form a uniform "sag" you speak of. It takes time but IMO well worth it.

Pffft If you want something to rest your thumb on...
Discraft_Elite_X_Soft_Banger_GT_Stock.jpg