wolfhaley to KY and such. 2024

I'm going to try to get out to The Quarry at Rotary Park - (18) this weekend. If so, I'll get a review up. Steve G writes really good reviews, but I don't see how a course with hardly any trees could be a 5. Be curious to hear what you think of it when you give us a recap.

^ See above

Take some damn pictures and save me some time on that one if you do. There's only 6 currently. I'll be playing it on my last day and will be dragging ass at that point. I need to get home and start writing some reviews to catch up to @sillybizz at that point. You two are probably in cahoots though. You both love throwing Hatchets into oblivion :p

^ See above

Take some damn pictures and save me some time on that one if you do. There's only 6 currently. I'll be playing it on my last day and will be dragging ass at that point. I need to get home and start writing some reviews to catch up to @sillybizz at that point. You two are probably in cahoots though. You both love throwing Hatchets into oblivion :p

I just lost TWO Hatchets today off the top of a damn mountain out at Bengal Ridge !!!

^ See above

I took pics of most all the long tees and will get them added tonight or tomorrow along with a review. Course is either a 3.5 or 4 for me. Even though only maybe a quarter of the holes have enough trees to force you to shape lines, there are a bunch of really fun tee shots out there.

I have a Hatchet somewheres, but that ridiculous shank at JT was with an underworld.

Day 1 complete. Mostly driving to get to Lebanon IN. Did manage to snatch a couple courses though.

Camp Cullom was first. What a fun course this one was. So glad we had the time to play this one. Awesome mix of hills, ravines and tight wooded holes for the most part bookended by a couple more openish ones at the front and back of the course. My kind of course though.

Had a little extra time and no cell reception until a few miles away from Camp Cullom. Biddle Memorial Park appeared to be the closest one (35 minutes) toward where we were headed. Oof. It was a course. It counts as a course played. Swampy park niner that is listed as an 18. It's a nine with two tees. We played the 9 holes then bailed.

The weather looks sketchy in the morning tomorrow unfortunately, but it keeps changing. Boylan Acres and Foxlands either way though I'm hoping, then down to Louisville.

Day 2 in the books. The weather held off and we got everything in that we had planned.

Played all 3 courses at Boylan Acres first. Extreme, Arduous and then Constitution Course, in that order. Man am I glad we did it that way. Extreme is an ass kicker of a course. Super tough and those hills will be at you down. Arduous is more manageable but still not a walk in the park. The Constitution course is a great cool down round with all ace runs and no holes over 130' or so. Most under 100'. This place was fantastic. One of the best private courses I've ever played. Loved it there.

Next was Foxlands. Moderately hilly but on the shorter side. Another excellent little private course. It's only 5 minutes from Boylan too. Very fun course.

Successful day altogether. Can't recommend these ones enough. We're beat already lol. Oh well, supposed to but scorching Thursday so we'll probably try to cram 4 instead of 3 in tomorrow.

Day 3 complete. 4 total courses, 72 holes. Stupidly windy all day.

Started off at Buffalo Trace. Decent course, not really my style but there were some decent woods holes. Best part was we didn't have to pay the entrance fee to play.

Second was Seviren Lang. Fun course but vastly overrated on here. It's a good course but is by no means a 4.2 rated course. 3.5 max. Back in the day this would've warranted that but it's kinda average today.

Third was my favorite of the day Lapping Memorial DGC. Pretty much entirely wooded course with two sets of tees of almost every hole. Really enjoyed this one. @elmexdela put this one on the wishlist.

Last was Iroquois park. Second best of the day imo. Mix of wooded and open, but more wooded than Seviren. It took forever to get to the damn course since the had the lot closed because they just blacktopped it. Plus we took the wrong exit and ended back up in IN. Glad we got that one in today. Plus we got to drive over the Ohio River four times 😁

Day 4 down. 5 new courses.

Started out with two 9ers. Bullitt County Park and Little Flock Baptist church. Bullitt county was a fun little course. Very short but slightly chilly and enough trees to keep it somewhat interesting. Little Flock was pretty lame. One hole was in the woods, the rest was wide open. Substandard church stuff.

Then it was Charlie Vettiner. Solid park style course. Some really good holes and some open filler type stuff. Fun course though.

Played Ryan's course next. Long one. There were some solid holes towards the middle. Not bad, but a little too long and open for my tastes.

Decided to hit Spencer Christian Church Park on the way back. Better than Little Flock but still pretty lackluster. Probably wouldn't have bothered if it had pictures already. Oh well, it's a course.

Thankfully it's supposed to cool off tomorrow so I'm thinking of getting at least 3 more in. Got my parking pass for Arrowhead so that'll be first on the Agenda.

12 courses from 1000 now too, so I'll hit that on this trip, probably in IL somewhere 🎉🎈🎉

Day 5 in the books. 4 new courses.

Started out at Arrowhead DGC just after the rain stopped. What an absolute gem of a course. My favorite of the trip so far. Actually one of my straight up favorite courses ever. Just a fun, fun place to throw some frisbees at. I highly recommend this one to anybody. Pictures don't even do it justice. Spectacular.

Headed to Muldraugh next. Fantastic hilly wooded course. Loved this one too. Not a single open hole. Just my style.

Third up was Radcliff. Not bad. It's like Muldraugh with 2% of the trees. Reminded me of a lesser Armco Blue actually. Decent course.

Last of the day was Freeman Lake. Vastly overrated course. It's good but nothing spectacular. If it wasn't next to a lake it's indistinguishable from any other park course. There's only one hole you even throw over the lake too. Still fun, just can't see how it's top 5 in KY.

Temps are looking to be perfect the next few days. Tomorrow is Wolf Knob and Holler in the Hills with @PastorofMuppets

Headed to Muldraugh next. Fantastic hilly wooded course. Loved this one too. Not a single open hole. Just my style.
Only made it through the first four holes before I went down at Muldraugh, but it seemed like a wonderfully wooded, hilly track. Glad your round went better than mine!

Did you catch a glimpse of Fort Knox on the way in?

FWIW, I thought Freeman lake is a bit overrated. too many open holes for my taste.

Last edited:
Started out at Arrowhead DGC just after the rain stopped. What an absolute gem of a course. My favorite of the trip so far. Actually one of my straight up favorite courses ever. Just a fun, fun place to throw some frisbees at. I highly recommend this one to anybody. Pictures don't even do it justice. Spectacular.

Sounds fabulous. Sad to see it is a "no dogs" course. 🙁

Temps are looking to be perfect the next few days. Tomorrow is Wolf Knob and Holler in the Hills with @PastorofMuppets

Hope you all enjoy Wolf Knob, and I will be interested to hear about Holler in the Hills.

And thanks for the updates and reviews, my wish list keeps expanding as a result. 😁

Only made it through the first four holes before I went down at Muldraugh, but it seemed like a wonderfully wooded, hilly track. Glad your round went better than mine!

Did you catch a glimpse of Fort Knox on the way in?

I didn't realize that was the course.

You're really lucky that other guy was playing that day too. I can't think of a much worse course for something like that to happen at 😐

I didn't see anything, I was looking out though.

Day 6 down. 3 new courses.

Started out at Wolf Knob. Really fun hilly and wooded course. All the good amenities and a beautiful area. Not the hardest course but no walk in the park either. They're in the process of installing an 11,000 foot championship caliber course on site too. I'll be sure to be back to check that one out. I'll definitely replay this one while I'm at it though.

Then it was off to Holler in the Hills. @PastorofMuppets has played it before. We never have. He said this was the best it's looked in probably 4 years. I'm glad we got to experience this one. I thought I'd missed my chance as recently as last year. The course was rough but definitely playable. What a great piece of land for a course. There's some unforgettable holes out there. Very cool experience.

It was only 2:30 when we finished those two up so we all decided to hit up Chalybeate Springs Sports Complex. School course with some cool wooded holes mixed in. Nothing spectacular but a nice cool down round.

All in all an awesome day. Big thanks to Pastor for guiding us around Holler. We would've figured it out with the Udisc map. Not sure we would've found the place itself though. There's no signs telling you it's there.

Mammoth Cave and I'll figure out a course or two to bag on our way up to Evansville.

^Really glad Holler was in good shape. I absolutely loved that course when we played in 2015.

Day 7 complete. Mammoth cave and 2 courses.

Started out with a 2 hour tour of Mammoth Cave. Pretty awesome to wander around down there. Crazy to think there's 425 more miles of that too.

After that we had to drive up to the Evansville area. Stopped in at Ohio County Park first. Mix of about 2/3 wooded to open 18 holer. The golf was fun. The amenities are in rough shape. Easy pelt a couple minutes off the highway.

Had a little under 2 hours of light left so we hit Haubstadt Johnson DGC. Fun little mostly wooded 18 just 5 minutes from our hotel so it worked out perfect. Really nice course that I'm glad you guys suggested 👍

Three away from 1000. Playing both Mesker park courses first thing tomorrow. Debating whether to hit New Lake for the milestone or Prides Creek. I'll figure it out in the morning but I'm leaning toward New Lake. It's only got one review on here but I trust @PastorofMuppets opinion. Plus it looks more like my style based on Udisc pictures than Prides Creek. So that's probably the plan. I'll sleep on it though.

Congrats on almost 1,000, @wolfhaley.
Enjoy the Meskers — the Woods was my #500 course last year.
Finally, if you've never stopped at Donut Bank, it's mandatory while in Evansville.

Latest posts