• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Woodshed/whippin post

Speaking of the mowing front....just saw on PDGA that they are also having the West Virginia Cup this weekend at Orange Crush and Seth Burton...you are lucking out BIG TIME :hfive:

So my plans changed pretty drastically. Went up and camped at paw paw Sunday...they were wrapping up a music festival from the weekend. Met spencer and gabby, super nice and welcoming folks. Played woodshed then whippin post. Fantastic golf there. Wooded holes were some of the more brutal ones I've played, most of the open holes were excellent with what I thought a one or a couple fillers (12 woodshed). I really liked whippin post a lot, they really had cool wooded/openish holes ( framed well with woods but grassy fairways) reminiscent of my old home course, foundation champ 18, which I enjoy a lot. Lots of fantastic golf at paw paw. Whippin post probably makes my top 5, woodshed honorable mention. Then it turns out I got roped into a conference call Wednesday morning, so after I played w/w, I went up to ditto farms and played. Great stuff there too, highly maintained park with cool rocks, golf was great although for me, some of the lines were unreasonable. But I recommend it. Drove home after three tiring rounds of big golf. I cut out oc and Seth burton but I figure I can hit those on a Pittsburg trip at a future date. Thanks for all the help folks.

when we were at Ditto we ran in to the course designers and they told us the course is still being ironed out. they're taking out trees slowly so they craft it right but as is i do agree there's some unreasonable lines especially towards the end.

when we were at Ditto we ran in to the course designers and they told us the course is still being ironed out. they're taking out trees slowly so they craft it right
Indeed. We'd rather leave it and cut it later than cut it now and wish we hadn't.

but as is i do agree there's some unreasonable lines especially towards the end.
I've heard holes 6, 16 and 17 described as Charlotte-esque, so yeah, maybe a bit unreasonable. :)

Latest posts