• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Work Trip to Seattle

BMFNT

Bogey Member
Need suggestions on where to play in the Seattle area. I'll be in town the 27th and 28th for work. I'm not even sure I'll have time but if I do what course would be worth it? BTW I'm only bringing a Judge, Teebird and a Destroyer. Can't bring my whole bag. I am an advanced player if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

I'd recommend SeaTac (challenging advanced course) and Lakewood King County (nice "park style" course.)

They're both pretty close to each other, and the airport.

Outside of those 2 I really enjoyed White River in the Auburn area as well. If you don't mind a little drive head up north to Lake Stevens for the opportunity to throw at the weird white egg shape baskets. Locals called them Dr. Fred baskets if I recall correctly.

We get a ton of rain this time of year. SeaTac can get pretty juicy. Lakewood has less standing water problems, so probably the better choice. Play Lakewood first, then drive the five minutes to SeaTac and play as many of the 27 holes as you can. There is a DG store at the Lakewood course, so if you do need more discs, you could grab them there easily.

Staying in the Youngstown area at an AirBNB. Work will be at the convention center downtown on Pike. It is supposed to be raining but that won't stop me from getting a few holes in if I have the time.

I stayed near the convention center a couple years ago and took a bus that dropped me off right in front of SeaTac, and then I Ubered back. I want to say the bus went right through Youngstown (near the Seahawks stadium). Great course, but the locals will be able to tell you if the weather is inviting. On my early May trip, it was perfect. My only regret was that I didn't leave my event earlier to be able to play twice. Fun course.

I brought 5 discs and could have done fine with fewer. You'll have a blast there or wherever you can play.

SeaTac - I was there the last two weeks and it was in great shape. Even if I'm staying in the city I drive back to SeaTac for DG. I travel for a living and it's one of my favorites anywhere.

SeaTac and Lakewood...both are enjoyable courses and are also relatively close to where you are staying. Both should be manageable with limited discs, especially for anyone rated >900.

Tapping in here since I'll be making the trip in June. Flying in to Seattle and back home via Portland.

Are there any courses worth a stop out towards Mt St Helens? I am definitely going to spend a day there. Or other general awesomeness heading towards the coast?

I plan to bring a small bag with 5-6 discs. I'll have 10 days, but its already looking like a busy trip!

Tapping in here since I'll be making the trip in June. Flying in to Seattle and back home via Portland.

Are there any courses worth a stop out towards Mt St Helens? I am definitely going to spend a day there. Or other general awesomeness heading towards the coast?

I plan to bring a small bag with 5-6 discs. I'll have 10 days, but its already looking like a busy trip!

Shelton Springs! https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4390&mode=ci

Going to SeaTac around 7am tomorrow if anyone wants to join. My flight home isn't until after 1pm so should have plenty of time for a round, maybe more.

Seattle has been Great! The conference was amazing. The History of Flight Museum was unreal. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!