• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World famous designer re-worked our course...

nate22

Eagle Member
They call her...mother nature.

792373_405236929560727_2104577296_o.jpg

778878_405236826227404_337129746_o.jpg

843077_405236789560741_647956419_o.jpg

775691_405236726227414_1022368804_o.jpg

210440_405207446230342_300698582_o.jpg

Floods in Queensland, Australia. Second time in 2 years...rallying the troops to have a clean up this Saturday. Better we do it and show council how much we love our course, then wait a week for them to get time to do it...understandably.

That sucks. I feel your pain.

But, it could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy worse. That's nothing compared to some new england courses the past few years.

Our forecast for today is heavy rain and sustained winds at 40 mph with gusts up to 60. I'm hoping for no significant damage.

something like that happened in the fall from rain and wind blowing unmaintained trees. the park landscapers let them sit for a week to two weeks. definitely made you try new lines.

The tree in the first picture is really the only major one to impact the hole entirely, and I got around it narrowly but nicely both times..each differant ways.

stupid question but what kind of trees? do you trade wood for discs??? :D

i would love to make some wooden discs. esp out of trees we dont' have in the states.

Everyone here heard about the Crocs getting out hopefully the storm didn't cause too much damage.

Mother Nature is a beech. Sometime the changing of landscape is just an opportunity to realize a new type course. Here in the Midwest of America, the loss of ash trees was devestating to courses. Yet with a lot of help, some club involvement to buy, negotiate and plant new trees and some time, most course have evolved. Mother Nature will do as she wishes, embrace her, she is your friend.

Ouch! Did the trees fall because the ground got too soft and wet? A course near where I work has a couple of dead trees that are overdue to fall. One I'm amazed is still standing (Wills Park #11 for the locals). We had tornado producing weather yesterday, so maybe it is already down. Good luck cleaning up and rebuilding. Make friends with the local arborist!

Last edited:
Well that blocks the roller shot.

Good luck on the cleanup.

I was playing a practice round before a tourney a couple years back when all of the sudden a huge *CRACK* like a rifle echoes out and I turn to see a huge tree start wobbling and crash to the ground.

It was unfortunate because this hole was a double mando short, tight hallway hole and this was a crucial tree to keeping that hallway structure. They ended up making a temp tee for the tournament to keep the difficulty up but...yeah mother nature is crazy!

Cleanup was going real well, until a HIGH RANKING CLUB MEMBER turned up, sat and watched us for 20 minutes then proceeded to tell us we shouldnt be doing that...basically saying its the councils responsibility, and we shouldnt be in the park cleaning it.

After 2 days work, this sunk me...couldnt go on...work maybe 50% done, and council wont probably be in for 2 weeks.

I don't know how it is down under, but in the U.S.A we have a saying, "if you want something done, better do it yourself!" If I were those of you that had been there working I would have told him to eff off and not play the course after you cleaned it up. Does he wait for someone to come wipe his a$$ too?
I say good on ya to all you blokes out there cleaning it up even though it isn't your "responsibility"

Cleanup was going real well, until a HIGH RANKING CLUB MEMBER turned up, sat and watched us for 20 minutes then proceeded to tell us we shouldnt be doing that...basically saying its the councils responsibility, and we shouldnt be in the park cleaning it.

oh, i got random players and park people asking if i was 'supposed to be doing that' when clearing downed trees from the paths.

people are crazy.
the park maintainers can take 6months+ to get thier act together.

all of the players will thank you for clearing downed trees.
these non-players are the problem...

Latest posts