• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds, Peoria - Where to Tent Camp?

toddnick

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'll be headed to Worlds to spectate for the second consecutive year (Vermont was amazing last year and I plan on going back there for Green Mountain Championship this year), this time in Peoria.

Never been to Peoria and need to find a decent campground for tent camping (preferably not a big open field RV Park), it would need to have showers but don't need much else. I'd prefer it to be within 30 minutes or so from the event sites. Anybody from that neck of the woods have a recommendation?

Not sure if it meets all your qualifications (I'm almost positive there are no RVs, but idk about showers), but I suggest you look into Sand Ridge State Forest- southwest of Peoria proper. I've stayed there a few times when making a weekend trip to play these courses from Chicago. My work schedule generally allows me time to travel only in winter, so I've had the whole forest to myself every time I've visited- can't comment on summer crowds. There's a developed campground with 25 or so sites, as well as several backcountry primitive sites.

I don't know what courses are on the schedule, but the campground is anywhere from 20-40 min drive from all of them in the area. It's nothing too amazing, but perfectly suitable, affordable, and convenient.