• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's who will take it?

Is Schwebbie playing? If he is then yeah he's got a shot. I'd still say MJ is the frontrunner.

I wouldn't say front runner.

He's clearly the favorite for under 1030 rated players, however.

If open was playing a few rounds at Ho Nest, however, I think he would be the favorite. Guy is unbeatable there.

Didn't they play Renny and Bradford for the Clash? Who won that? I'll go look it up... I think MJ was top 5 right?

..yeah MJ was third, one stroke behind Doss. Wysocki won.

Last edited:
Why all the MJ hype? Sure he is great at DG and it is his stomping grounds. He finishes well at USDGC because of some type of home course advantage but he doesn't win USDGC so why would he win worlds?

Schusterick is probably the strongest player out there right now and is my safe pick.

Steve Brinster is my dark horse pick.

It's his hometown, he plays these courses all the time. A lot of Worlds that I've seen have been set up for big guns with a lot of long open holes. Not this year, it'll be all about control and short game which is MJ's game.

Worlds courses are much more tailored for MJ's type of game than USDGC though. I don't know if he's going to win but I think we can expect a top 10 finish for him, but he has as much of a chance as anyone to take it.

And MJ has the best mental game of anyone I've ever seen.

And there is no pressure on him playing on home courses like you might think.

Didn't they play Renny and Bradford for the Clash? Who won that? I'll go look it up... I think MJ was top 5 right?

..yeah MJ was third, one stroke behind Doss. Wysocki won.

I'm not saying he won't do well.

I'm just saying he's not the favorite.

I think he will be in the finals, however.

My picks:
Open - Climo
Masters - Moser
GM - Mela
FO - E. King
FM - Burl

Will
Feldberg
Schwebby
MJ
Koling
Brinster

I'd say any of them have a chance at Open. I think Koling is the only one not previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Nikko has been fighting back pain.

Paige typically has not been a fan of wooded courses. I'll be pulling for her to win though.

Eastway and Bradford are 2 of Charlottes most open courses.

He has a home advantage and all, but I don't think he has the mental toughness.

true, but I still think his skill on these courses can overcome that.

I'd love to see MJ and Koling in the finals, and it's definitely possible.

And about the love for MJ around here... he plays fairly local tournaments and doesn't travel. I'm sure if he spent his time on tour he'd be a top 5 in the world guy. It's amazing how he can throw a comet on a rope.

IIRC, Wysocki relocated to Charlotte.
So has Barry, so has Elaine King (actually, Durham), so have others.
Why, trying to grab a little Home Course Advantage.
You have to figure that the winner will be a local, or at least someone that has played thes courses - a lot.
Barry for Masters (Wouldn't it be great to see him and Climo go at it tooth and nail!!)
For Open:
MJ, Wysocki, Jerm, Will, Doss (It will probably go to whoever gets "in the groove")

i sincerely hope they don't let kenny switch divisions with someone else- reeks of shenanigans. if they do let him switch he'll win masters going away.

i wouldn't think barry has been playing enough to have much edge.

baldwin is going to get smoked, his win last year was a home-cooked fluke.

i'll take phil in masters while rooting for moser.

schusterick has been playing the best all year in open but the courses probably suit dave a bit better. i'll call that one a toss up between those two. the local trio of mj, jerm, and wysocki should all do well too. it would be great to see any of that bunch win.

i'll pick val over the 2 sidearming sarahs in FPO.

for open i will go with the same 5 i have in my FDG league:

MPO
schusterick
feldberg
johnansen
koling
wysocki

MPM
Arthur

FPO
Jenkins

I think the young guns that have a good FH and BH will do well in MPO.

MPO
Wysocki
MJ
Feldberg
McBeth
Ulibarri

MPM
Arther
Moser

FPO
Stanhope
Jenkins