• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Disc ever purchased?

Worst ever was the Whammo Driver. Taco'ed on the first tree hit. Biggest piece of crap I've ever bought. However, it only cost me $1.67, the 3 pack set was on clearance for $5.

The 150g Aviar P&A in the Innova starter pack. What a cruel joke to play on beginners. I started putting with a shark because that thing sucked so hard (and continued to throw midranges from too close up until about 3 months ago when some good advice finally sank in).

Fingers dont fit an Aviar, and I think Roc's are dumb. You have to carry 4 and wait a year for some of them to do what another disc will do right out of the box. Then you lose your 3 year old Roc and it is the end of the world. Just use a Wolf or a Kite if you want a disc to stay turned over. Can't use a champ Rhyno either.

I do like the Orc, Dart, Destroyer, and Groove.
star aviars the worst disc ive bought because just like your saying you gotta beat in an aviar to make it a good putter which means you gotta buy it in cheap plastic(bluh) now if i used the aviar for what it was made for(approach shots) then the star aviar probally woundnt be my worst disc but i thought i was buying a putter not a freaking mid range .

what innova dosnt tell you on their website is yes almost all the great innova users putt with aviars but they dont use new discs or good plastic.that being said the worst disc i had but didnt buy was that stupid arobie putter (straight flying my ass) its was like trying to putt with an excalibur

I didn't really purchase it but the 9x kc pro Teebird threw it like 3 times hated it now sitting on my shelf still in pretty good shape to for its age. Now I have an 11x kc champ tee-bird and enjoying every throw with it.

Innova Dart, thought the R-Pro plastic would be really cool to have with the putter. But that thing loves to bounce off the chains.

I agree that it bounces out of the basket....but try it again as an approach disc. Very straight. Hardly any fade, and doesn't slide or skip at all.

I was about to say the birdie, but then I remembered how happy I was when I first got a birdie...but that was because I was going from a WHAMO starter set. That blue WHAMO driver is by far the worst disc I've ever purchased.

for me it is the champ ryhno. I threw a soft rhyno for years and lost it in a lake. I picked up the nicer plastic and added five strokes to my game at least. I had to stop throwing it and find something new. ended up witha wizard ss and love it. no more champ plastic putters for me

Worst ever was the Whammo Driver. Taco'ed on the first tree hit. Biggest piece of crap I've ever bought. However, it only cost me $1.67, the 3 pack set was on clearance for $5.

I almost forgot about those. My buddies wife bought him that set as a gift when I saw them thrown I could almost not contain my laughter. He had to get new discs about two weeks later because they were so busted up.

I bought a dragon for water holes. That dragon seems to not only float in water but seems to want to go to the water.....I'd be better off growing a set and throwing my heavier star plastics!

I bought a dragon for water holes. That dragon seems to not only float in water but seems to want to go to the water.....I'd be better off growing a set and throwing my heavier star plastics!
thats funny because ive never actually got my dragons near the water they usally end up in the woods which is where i usally find them , ive never actually bought one i think people are glad they finally lost it and just leave them there.

What is the worst disc you have ever purchased? That disc you cant throw to save your life. The worst money you ever spent on a disc. The one disc that if you found with no name or number, you would keep walking. What disc is it?

For me its the Viper. I have tried to learn that damn disc but never get results. I have recently given up on it.:mad:

The viper is just a very overstable fairway driver, i throw sidearm and it works great for me. I still have the first one i got, and it's so beaten in, it works great as a straight fairway driver for when i throw backhand

DX TeeRex is crap.

I've owned two dx teerexes, and they were great, the first one ended up getting flippy on me, but the second one is a first-run mold and is amazing. Do you drive sidearm? if not, that might be why it doesn't work well for you.

I bought a star teerex today and it's even better :)