• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would anyone like to come to Dallas to learn my snap method?

Bradley Walker said:
So far no takers. :cry:

I am seriously considering driving out there from Georgia sometime between now and Sept. I don't want to commit until I'm sure which days I'll be able to take off work. Know any good, cheap places to stay around there?

I'd come all the way from AK if I could. I have friends from college days (went to Baylor for a couple years) in TX I haven't seen in ages. But I really want to learn big snap.

Yeah, If I lived near Texas, I'd be there. If you do get a video of this, I would love to see it

I'm thinking closer to october/november this year, hopefully. I remember lots of cold halloweens in the past, but it can hold in the 70's an 80's until february sometimes.

brad has talked a bit about wanting me to come down again, but i'm useless if it's over 88 or so (i get heat stroke easily and my internal organs start shutting down :p ).

tryin to think about the best mix of available daylight and temperature.

I want to go and learn even more now. Just got done with a round with Mr. Walker and we just played and didn't get a chance to get into this because I had to get back.

He showed some skills. I wanna learn some more.

In the deep south, October through December remains somewhat warm. January through early March (sometimes) is somewhat cold. It's definitely warmer down there than it is here in Kentucky. Currently it's 76 In Louisville and 93 in Dallas. Yeah, it's warmer down there.

If there is a possible date set, I might try to make it. Even though it will be harder for me to do so.

It would be awesome if you come back down again, Blake. I feel like I can read and read about technique all day, and it helps to a certain degree...but there's no substitute for someone who can visually recognize all the individual parts of a drive and give an immediate critique. Concepts just "click" easier and much more quickly for me when in that format.

That, and I'm craving another all night disc-golf-geek-out-session :)

I stunk it up. Dave and his Dad are no joke. No Internet distances here.

I think I missed six inside twenty feet. I wanted to throw well and it was simply not there.

I hit to many damn trees early to where I didn't have a chance to make a run for bird. Hopefully I'll make it to big D for a weekend and get in more golf then hit the field.

It would be awesome if you come back down again, Blake. I feel like I can read and read about technique all day, and it helps to a certain degree...but there's no substitute for someone who can visually recognize all the individual parts of a drive and give an immediate critique. Concepts just "click" easier and much more quickly for me when in that format.

you realize that i learned to understand crap by reading about it and then trying it 274 different ways until i figured out how it works right? :p this also involves becoming proficient at all 274 ways.

by the time it clicks everything makes sense.
the ocd method if technique mastery.

I am so close...

...yet so far.

When i played with DGDave in Tulsa I realized my approach was still flawed. I spoke to Blake, and now I think I am on an even better track (he completely understood what I was saying---we are so close now). I have been practicing hard fixing my idiosyncratic tendencies. It is very difficult, but I feel I had reached the limit of what I could do with what I was doing.

Snap, explosive power, etc is elusive.

Bradley Walker said:
Snap, explosive power, etc is elusive.

Preachin' to the choir brutha. Just when I think I'm improving, I turn around and can't throw the same distance anymore. I was right at 350'-400' throws, now I'm back at 325'-340' throws :( Really felt like I was crushing them last night. Hit felt strong, good rip, smooth throw, discs took off. flipped up and flew into a light headwind. All short of 350' :(

Can't wait until you figure out it, Brad. Then we're all buying the dvd and the t-shirt :)

i will tell you this right now, if Blake goes to Texas, i will fly down there with him.

i want to play some hawt Texas courses!

Latest posts