• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you play in this tournament?

Would you play this tournament?

• Total voters
I said maybe because any tournament is fun and a good experience, and I'll never win anything other than a CTP (if I'm lucky). I could care less about the players pack though. I have no use for DGA. I have an Aftershock somewhere that's underweight and flippy as ****. Didn't give me any desire to try their other products.

basket

Sauls:
(using pdga criteria)
Am I : Advanced
Am II : Intermediate

Gotcha. Somehow I didn't connect that with AM1 and AM2. Go figure.

It might give me some pause---I'm an 894-rated Advanced Grandmaster, used to playing with other oldtimers. But I'd probably still come, or at least strongly consider it.

Yeah, I think most flag folks prefer non-pdga so you can enjoy a beer during the round

I variety pack of microbrews then would be a much more suitable players pack for me given that!

Yes sir, first come first serve morning of the event. you would choose 2 SP discs and 1 ProLine disc

Molds available to choose from:

Hurricane, Undertow, Tsunami, Rogue, Reef (SP only), Shockwave (PL only), Squall (SP only), Aftershock

Then I would be a definite maybe. The happy hour beer thing is pretty enticing. I wish more TD's would make the lunch aspect more bang for your buck compared to the player's pack.

Sigh---early Oct. is still wildfire season, so I couldn't make it anyways.

Fortunately, I'll be kayaking the Grand Canyon this year at that time! :thmbup:

Right on! High desert October is perfect weather

I would also give away a disc or two to anyone who came out of state to play.

The only DGA I've tried were the Reef and the Squall. Didn't like either. As long as I could pick my own discs, the player's pack would be fine.

However, I'm not going to move up to MA2 (I'm rated under 850 now :eek:) and be guaranteed not to win. Yes I play for fun, but knowing I'll lose takes some of that away.

And I hate trophy only.

If I lived in the area, and if I was a DGA thrower, I'd probably play...hypothetically. I would have absolutely zero chance of winning, so basically I'd be paying for discs I wouldn't throw, and a discounted lunch.

So, thank you, but I would pass.

Now, if you added Rec, I'd be there for sure. (In theory) :)

Flagstaff is different than the pdga. Most, if not all, Flagstaff golfers over 960 move up to Open. I would say that if you were an 890 or higher pdga player, play Am I, anything lower, Am II it is. We have a lot of beginners in Flagstaff area and I am sure a dozen or so Phoenicians would travel up north. Snowbowl is worth the drive.

However, I will not allow any sandbagging. If you have taken cash in a pdga event, you can't play.

Sounds like a fun tourney, well worth the money. 3 discs in the players pack is awsome! If ppl havnt thrown DGA plastic , they will fall in love. This is a great idea for a tourney.

i would come up from phoenix for a sunday touney but i work sat and could'nt make it. i would play in alot more tourneys if the 1 day events were sun instead of sat.

Come on up to Flagstaff!

Trust me i would love too, just got to AZ last year and havnt made it too far from tucson. Unreliable car is the issue, but when i want to get up that way i know who to hit up!

Still, let me know if u have that tourney and i can see if i can make it!

Id play if it were closer. I know I wouldnt win but I love the competition and the pricing seems ok. Free discs are always good, even if I dont throw them, someone will.

maybe the 35 entry fee will cover one attempt at the putting challenge, each additional attempt is 3 dollars.

The entry fee is great for trophies only but it being non-sanctioned and getting the discs in the players package turns me off. I would rather have a shirt or backpack or something cool in the players package instead of discs.

Any cool ideas to add to the player pack?

sharpies, towels, hot sauce, mini sunscreen, pancho, mini clipboard, birdie bag. . .what else? doesnt have to dg related necessarily

so i voted No. i like everything but the players pack idea.

why not just cut out the players pack discs completely? save 18 dollars off the entry! that tourney sounds amazing and i'd want to play in it for 17 and no discs.