• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you play in this tournament?

Would you play this tournament?

• Total voters
so i voted No. i like everything but the players pack idea.

why not just cut out the players pack discs completely? save 18 dollars off the entry! that tourney sounds amazing and i'd want to play in it for 17 and no discs.

Make it 20 even. No pack, but free lunch. Everything else the same.

Maybe a $30 entry fee is more enticing. Flagstaff is extremely rocky and our plastic beats up very quickly. As a result, we have about 4 or 5 places that sell dg plastic in a town of 50000 people. All of the stores have extremely inflated prices. (almost 20 with tax for star/esp)

will Am 3 be open? I hit maybe as I play AM III. But honestly for the price and the amount of discs I would probably play AM II. I also hit maybe because i don't think DGA rocks.

I hate how there is so many divisions.

Just Am and Open should be good enough.

obvious troll is obvious. Really? This has nothing to do with divisions at all, he is putting on an AM only tourney only, this holds no help to this thread.

Any cool ideas to add to the player pack?

sharpies, towels, hot sauce, mini sunscreen, pancho, mini clipboard, birdie bag. . .what else? doesnt have to dg related necessarily

I'm biased because I don't care for players packs anyway, but....

Most of the non-disc, non-shirt items I've received in players packs, including and especially at Worlds, I've just thrown in the trash. Not at the tournament---I don't want to seem ungrateful---but when I got home. The odds of getting something I want, but haven't already got, is pretty slim. My advice is, don't waste money or effort in this direction.

If you're determined to give players packs, best option is a voucher and a selection of merchandise. The DGA discs have the virtue of at least introducing players to discs they haven't tried before.

(My bias is that, if I pay $35 and get $25 worth of stuff, I'd much rather have paid $10 and chosen whether to buy $25 worth of stuff. Otherwise, I just feel like I'm being bribed with my own money. My advice to you is to ignore this point entirely, as it seems to be a distinctly minority opinion.)

I voted no. The biggest thing for me is that it isn't sanctioned (not including travel or anything else silly like that). I can find C-tiers all over the place for $35 with a player's pack and payouts.

The player's pack isn't that interesting to me (really, they rarely are). I have my bag pretty much set, and most of the discs I get in player's packs, I don't throw, so they just go into the pile. Shirts don't fit me (I am too tall), so those are useless as well as I have about 1000 towels and water bottles. I think the best players pack may be a good umbrella, as it always seems like people don't have those.

I have no problem with trophy only, but again, I think the fee is too large if it is trophy only and unsanctioned.

Sorry :(

I do not think I would. Awards for the biggest bagger in each division only? Also while I respect DGA's products. I really do not want any at this moment.

If this were in my neck of the woods, I'd give it serious consideration, but I'd be a bit concerned that as am AM 3, or Masters, am I not worthy of a trophy if I win my division?

If I lived nearby I would definitely be there. 3 discs and tournament entry at a great course for $35 is a deal. The only downside is that it is unsanctioned. I do not travel very far for unsanctioned tournies.

Last edited:
Yes but I don't think DGA rocks. You could even drop that players pack to 1 disc and I would come. And maybe instead, give 1st 2nd and 3rd place a small stack of discs as well. Love the mini basket!

My one issue, it should be two rounds of 18. If daylight is your restraint that's one thing but just for "energy" purposes I disagree.

if it was a local tourny with the same outline hellz yeah i would play.. and you could even trim the players pack down and i would still play

Since we're talking hypothetical, I said sure.

Payout has never really been a consideration for me, sanctioned or not. Fun is the primary reason I play casually or competitively. Of course taking home some greenbacks is always nice.

RJ,
You going to let me play as an AM, as there is no open option? I need an excuse to play Snowbowl this year. How's the new layout?

Most definitely not; I love keeping track of my progress and without the round being sanctioned, and since there are multiple rounds, I would have no incentive to blow $35 for discs I wouldn't be adding to my bag or anywhere else. I would then want to sell the extra discs, which is a chore. I don't want to have a chore as a player's pack.

In short, I'd rather spend that time practicing. There are plenty of PDGA events if I'm just looking to test my skills for fun :\