• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Got an awesome Wraith today. Came in the mail from a trade. I figured it was going to be flippy as its used and light (was told 170g. Penned 168g.) But its stable beef that goes super straight for a long way then fades while still moving forward. Also it goes maybe 10'-20' farther than my max weight DD Hysteria, I'm guessing because of the weight. IDK was not expecting what I got and I am pleasantly surprised. Great disc.

So it looks like a lot of the new mini stamp stars are coming out with big pop top domes. I have 7 �� WRs from different eras, and theyre all relatively flat. Has anyone thrown the new super dome wraiths? How do they compare to traditional flatter stars.

I love the mini stamp and I wanna pick one up this weekend.

I have a gammet. Star and Gstar from different eras and I love this disc. I have stable and flippy pop tops all of my flatter ones are beefy. I love this disc

How are the G Star ones compared to star? I'm one of the rare ones who enjoys some floppy G star

The Gstar I got my hands on isn't floppy. I am not a huge Gstar fan and I am only using it to hold the slot while beating some star in. Anyway, one of my Gstar is basically as stable as any star the other one has a lower PLH so is less stable, still pretty new so I can't call it flippy yet ( not for my arm speed anyway ~320') good flyers and very Easy to work one. Low PLH Wriath turns over and won't come back if I throw it hard the other flexes, they both bomb.

So it looks like a lot of the new mini stamp stars are coming out with big pop top domes. I have 7 �� WRs from different eras, and theyre all relatively flat. Has anyone thrown the new super dome wraiths? How do they compare to traditional flatter stars.

I love the mini stamp and I wanna pick one up this weekend.

I have a new embossed bottom stamp star that's pretty domey. Definitely has some turn off the shelf, probably -1.25/2.5. Just put it back in the bag to work with. I like flat but this one does go far when I hit it right. Plastic isn't as firm as the older flat star.

Saw a guy on the course doing field work on one of the long open holes the other day. He was throwing a new domey one 450+ and was pretty happy with it. That's quite a bit longer than I can throw one.

What is it about Wraiths in the high 16ps being stooopid OS and flatter? Is this a common thread among many molds?

What is it about Wraiths in the high 16ps being stooopid OS and flatter? Is this a common thread among many molds?

Most OS Wraith I've ever thrown was a stiff 167 Pro from 4-5 years ago. I remember it being a pop top, however.

Champ & Star Wraiths in the upper 160's that are flat & seasoned are the biggest bombers for me. I've tried faster, I've tried less stable/ more stable but nothing is like them.

Champ & Star Wraiths in the upper 160's that are flat & seasoned are the biggest bombers for me. I've tried faster, I've tried less stable/ more stable but nothing is like them.

I am really hoping the one ends up like this. The other one is one of the old run where the speed was a 12 on the stamp. Its strictly in the "secret weapon" slot and I use it to get out of trouble.

You should try a 167ish ESP Surge with some dome. I've found they outdistance Wraiths fairly easily. Better glide and less low speed fade.

Bought a 168 bottom stamp off a local Satuday, kinda domey, definitely flippy. Only have one throw on it so far but I think it will be fantastic for turnovers.

I have been loving the Pro plastic wraiths lately. Great combination of glide and predictable fade- and pretty cheap too. Really looking forward to trying the new run stars though!

Retried my Pre-Kenny Star Wraiths, yesterday.

After not playing much for a couple years, I couldn't get them anywhere close to speed. Yesterday, I pulled them back out and they bomb. Love Wraiths again.

What current run flies most like these?

What do they look like? Flat, Domey, puddletopped, low plh, high plh?

I got 3 new wraiths basically with tourney merch bucks this weekend. Various weights, all pop toppy and sort of low PLH. Pretty excited, but haven't gotten a chance to throw them much yet.

Very slight dome, to flattish. About medium PLH.

Latest posts