• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

The one MF Wraith I had was easily the most overstable Wraith I've thrown. It didn't really turn on full forehand rips. It also didn't go as far as a Destroyer on full forehand rips, so I traded it back in after one round.

I'd rather throw a DD or Enforcer than that MF Wraith. The DD I own started out even more HSS without any more(and maybe not even as much) fade, and an Enforcer goes further and is more reliable for me.

Only Wraiths I really like are Echos or beaten Stars. They're probably the best max-distance driver I've ever thrown for my backhand.

I bought a MF wraith off someone here and I kind of like it. it's definitely the beefiest wraith I have, but it still glides pretty well and gets out there. In a headwind it showed some turn for me for sure.

I know this is a Wraith thread but whaddabout that DD? Picked one up based on suggestions here and absolutely love it. Like to the point where I may start beating in some S lines and only carry my flippy wraith.

I know this is a Wraith thread but whaddabout that DD? Picked one up based on suggestions here and absolutely love it. Like to the point where I may start beating in some S lines and only carry my flippy wraith.

The DD is often called a "beefier" wraith. I have thrown both the DD and wraith and just find too much overlap. I love the wraith for big bombs with a bit of fade at the end. I just found the wraith has more glide and acts as more of a true max distance driver for me. If I need an OS wraith I just throw a destroyer. I bet a beat in s-line DD flies pretty well though. As always, it just comes down to what you prefer.

The DD is often called a "beefier" wraith. I have thrown both the DD and wraith and just find too much overlap. I love the wraith for big bombs with a bit of fade at the end. I just found the wraith has more glide and acts as more of a true max distance driver for me. If I need an OS wraith I just throw a destroyer. I bet a beat in s-line DD flies pretty well though. As always, it just comes down to what you prefer.

Like the DD as my headwind Wraith. Feels the same and Im not throwing anything faster than my Wraiths until I can fully maximize their potential. There is overlap but for me the DD is just oart od the Wraith cycle in my bag

I have 2 DD's and they both have less turn than any Wraith I have, including the MF Wraith. The C line DD has a truly ridiculous amount of HSS, doesn't move in wind one bit. S line is picking up a bit of turn in stiff headwinds as it's beat in.

I have 2 DD's and they both have less turn than any Wraith I have, including the MF Wraith. The C line DD has a truly ridiculous amount of HSS, doesn't move in wind one bit. S line is picking up a bit of turn in stiff headwinds as it's beat in.

That's good to hear.

Keep in mind though, none of the other DDs or Wraiths I have come close to the distance potential of the domey bottom stamp star wraiths I have. The two I have just go so far and glide forever. Gotta release them on hyzer however, they have some decent turn.

Keep in mind though, none of the other DDs or Wraiths I have come close to the distance potential of the domey bottom stamp star wraiths I have. The two I have just go so far and glide forever. Gotta release them on hyzer however, they have some decent turn.

Insaw a few on Infinite. Inwould really Like to get my hands on one. Or five.

I have a new bottom stamp that I'm trying to love. It's domey and I prefer flat, but it does go far when I hit it right. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned they had a flat, embossed bottom stamp that was plenty beefy.

As far as the DD, I also picked up a pop top s line. It might be interesting when it's beat but I have little use for beef plus a pop top. Do they ever mold up flat?

I have a new bottom stamp that I'm trying to love. It's domey and I prefer flat, but it does go far when I hit it right. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned they had a flat, embossed bottom stamp that was plenty beefy.

As far as the DD, I also picked up a pop top s line. It might be interesting when it's beat but I have little use for beef plus a pop top. Do they ever mold up flat?

If you can't lobe those bottom stamps PM ME if theyre max weight.

How does the pop top DD fly, just beef?

I know you didn't quote me but my pop top DD is overstable but I wouldn't say just beef unless thrown flat or on hyzer. Holds a nice straigh line and fades dependable just like a waraith with no turn. You can throw it on anny pretty easily for a flex line and I can even throw late breaking sky anny shots with mine. Pretty good disc overall.

Pretty much, it was interesting enough that I toyed with bagging it to see how it beat in. Then I picked up a 168g MVP Tesla. Flat with just a wiggle of turn and a 2.5/3.0 fade. Not looking for max D with my OS slot so it seems to be what I'm looking for in lieu of a flat/firm star Wraith. MVP's new flight numbers call the Tesla a 9 speed which I might quibble with but it is a touch shorter than a Wraith.

I know you didn't quote me but my pop top DD is overstable but I wouldn't say just beef unless thrown flat or on hyzer. Holds a nice straigh line and fades dependable just like a waraith with no turn. You can throw it on anny pretty easily for a flex line and I can even throw late breaking sky anny shots with mine. Pretty good disc overall.
sounds like my regular flat S DD. I would think the domey one would break into something glidier though. I'd also be interested in the pop top DD if you ever got rid of it

sounds like my regular flat S DD. I would think the domey one would break into something glidier though. I'd also be interested in the pop top DD if you ever got rid of it

Its pretty glidey but idk what it beats into as its only about a month old and in C line. Gonna take a bit to find out.

Pretty much, it was interesting enough that I toyed with bagging it to see how it beat in. Then I picked up a 168g MVP Tesla. Flat with just a wiggle of turn and a 2.5/3.0 fade. Not looking for max D with my OS slot so it seems to be what I'm looking for in lieu of a flat/firm star Wraith. MVP's new flight numbers call the Tesla a 9 speed which I might quibble with but it is a touch shorter than a Wraith.

oops I quoted the wrong person about the S line pop top... if he isn't using it