• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Most shops seem to have Wraiths on hand, star and champion. Everyone I felt up has noticeable dome.

I've had good luck finding Wraiths in star, g-star, champion, and the GG halos at lots of places. The pro plastic seems a little hard to come by right now but I bet that won't last too long.

I'll be browsing around for some stars later. I'm still set on Pros actually. And my wussy arm doesn't do Champ or Halo. My Wraith stash definitely took a hit on this trip.

I'd estimate GG Wraith is a 13/4/0/3. I weighed mine and it's actually 177g.

I did some fieldwork with a pro (apparently he was in 2d place at Worlds back in the day after an early round). He liked it for a FH similar to a beefy Destroyer. It will do work on a flex line, it unravels the anny quickly.

I might slot it between a Firebird and Destroyer for my own FH purposes if I decide to bag it. I do like ultra-reliable discs. I just had different expectations.

I'd estimate GG Wraith is a 13/4/0/3. I weighed mine and it's actually 177g.

I did some fieldwork with a pro (apparently he was in 2d place at Worlds back in the day after an early round). He liked it for a FH similar to a beefy Destroyer. It will do work on a flex line, it unravels the anny quickly.

I might slot it between a Firebird and Destroyer for my own FH purposes if I decide to bag it. I do like ultra-reliable discs. I just had different expectations.

I'd estimate mine at 11/4/0/3. So you think the GG Wraith is faster than a Destroyer? And more OS? Genuinely curious. My regular, non GG Halo is a meathook. Way closer to champ than star imo. Useless to me, but it is pretty I guess.

Looked at some star Wraiths from my usual places and about all I could find were max/near max weight. Have they been restocking 160's recently? I have a couple G*'s but want a low 160's star.

I'd estimate mine at 11/4/0/3. So you think the GG Wraith is faster than a Destroyer? And more OS? Genuinely curious. My regular, non GG Halo is a meathook. Way closer to champ than star imo. Useless to me, but it is pretty I guess.

Flight numbers lack precision. I put the speed higher to indicate the type of arm for which the disc is appropriate. This disc seems meant for the highest mph throwers to me.

If Speed means 'ability to hold and maintain initial speed' that sounds like drag coefficient or glide. So that'd be less than a Destroyer. The stability we both had at x/x/0/3.

Altitude may explain some differences.

I'm also using the Champ Boss and prototype Adder as close comps--flight was most similar.

I wish speed meant the speed the disc needs to be thrown at to fly as designed instead of being a function of the rim width

I'm bagging 6 Wraiths right now for a tournament I'm playing in, in order of most to least stable:

GG Halo, OTB Open Shimmer Star, domey F2 Star, domey G*, DX, 158g Star

All max-ish weight aside from my super flippy bomber.

Wraiths are my control drivers and probably my most used drivers in general, but the reason I'm bagging so many here is because the rough here is ROUGH and I need backups for absolutely everything.

I have 2 other Wraiths with me that I'm not bagging, a 146g Star and a F2 Pro that feels like it's made from rubber, both of them are far too flippy for anything except trick/scramble shots.

I like that you can easily get Wraiths anywhere from spike hyzer roller flippy to firebird beefy, but oof does it make it hard to find good replacements sometimes.

First time with a 165 Star Wraith. Nice disc. Turns plenty, comes back. Need to remember to throw with a little hyzer or it stays in turn too long.

Decided to drop the Cannon for a little, they've been acting up recently so when in doubt disc down..

Just bought a couple Halos again, hoping they're a different stability than the other super overstablr three I own (olds are red, news are neon yellow).

Impatiently waiting for Pros to pop up again somewhere:popcorn:

Does anyone throw run of the mill champion plastic wraiths? I don't ever see anyone bagging them.

I have a gap in my cycle between a couple beefy halos and a couple stars that are getting flippy. Need that workhorse straight to fade slot covered.

Does anyone throw run of the mill champion plastic wraiths? I don't ever see anyone bagging them.

I have a gap in my cycle between a couple beefy halos and a couple stars that are getting flippy. Need that workhorse straight to fade slot covered.

Gstar. I get the most distance with them and they fly closer to how I want them when they are new.

another vote for gstarr

I bag one. I don't like champion plastic all that much so it's the one I reach for on sketchy shots because I won't be too sad if I lose it. Pretty much flies like a fresh star for me.

I got a couple. A PFN beefy to straight and a 5 year old 167 bomber. I do also have a couple Halo GG's, one beef for headwind control, another is distance but more like -2,2.

I love champ wraiths, esp glow champ. They seem to be a little more trustworthy at highspeed without any noticeable difference at low speed. I also never understood why they weren't more popular.

I love champ wraiths, esp glow champ. They seem to be a little more trustworthy at highspeed without any noticeable difference at low speed. I also never understood why they weren't more popular.

I'll have to give one a try once my Halo Wraith breaks in. That's my beefy Wraith at the moment.

I'll have to give one a try once my Halo Wraith breaks in. That's my beefy Wraith at the moment.

You're probably better off getting a fresh Champ/Glow/Star Wraith and keeping the Halo as the beefy one. Halo is way more overstable than any other plastic.

F2s available at the factory store.

Lost both of my F2 Pros, now only have a small stack of Halos. They're far far far too similar to my Xcals, so they're collecting dust. My guess is once a beat Xcal gets lost I'll throw a new Halo Wraith in its place...not truly interchangeable but close enough. I will say the Pros I got were pretty damn overstable as well.

Maybe I should track down some Gstar?

Currently Cannons back in, Wraiths out.