• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Lost both of my F2 Pros, now only have a small stack of Halos. They're far far far too similar to my Xcals, so they're collecting dust. My guess is once a beat Xcal gets lost I'll throw a new Halo Wraith in its place...not truly interchangeable but close enough. I will say the Pros I got were pretty damn overstable as well.

Maybe I should track down some Gstar?

Currently Cannons back in, Wraiths out.

I've got 3 in Gstar and the domiest one is my favorite because it glides forever. Big turn if thrown flat but it comes back nicely. Also hyzer flips to laser straight. I have a few Pro but I've never found ones with much dome. :\

You're probably better off getting a fresh Champ/Glow/Star Wraith and keeping the Halo as the beefy one. Halo is way more overstable than any other plastic.

since throwing my GG halo, im still thinking a champ wraith(if both are new) is a bit more OS

The Jennifer Allen Halo Wraiths are absolute hogs. I don't think I even need my Calvin Halo destroyer in the bag. The last couple days in Texas have had gusts over 30mph. The Jennifer Allen Halo Wraith was not phased.

since throwing my GG halo, im still thinking a champ wraith(if both are new) is a bit more OS

I hadn't thrown Wraiths in over five years but the 8-9 Halos I have (half red rim half dayglow yellow rim) are crazy overstable compared to what I remember. Surges beat Wraiths for my bag battle back then and the Halos remind me of the most overstable Z Surges produced 10ish years ago - arguably more overstable than those.

I'm at sea level so idk, but yeah that's my feelings.

FH? Do tell. I only have 3 Star wraiths. They all started domey. The one I use most has become flatter and is less stable than the other two. I'd need a good reason to pick a flat one off the shelf.

I'm FH dominant so yeah, I like most of my discs flattish. Contrary to some opinions, they don't need to be domey to have nice glide.

I don't mind mild dome, pop tops are an abomination though.

Weather's getting cold, so I pulled out a GStar Wraith. The grip at 45F is great, and it flies remarkably similar to my favorite seasoned Star Wraith. FH hyzer flip-to-flat is my favorite shot with it.

I prefer pros, but picked this up for the glow bag. That was right around the time that life got in the way of me playing a lot of glow.

c6d80234b1bde3aa4ded4473fc1fbdc5.jpg

For anybody interested, stock stamp halo star wraiths have been in stock a few times the past week:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/halo-star-wraith/

The Halo Wraith w/flight numbers is now available as a Limited Production offering. We will attempt to keep these in stock as often as possible throughout the year. A workhorse distance driver with extra high speed stability and extra glide, the one you've been asking for. Grab the extra glide and superior looks with the Halo Star material!

I have an F2 Star but it doesn't way Wraith on the underside of the flight plate. It has beaten in to a fantastic disc for me. Is there any significance of the no "Wraith" stamp in terms of the run. What would I look for if I wanted a similar disc. I see more Star F2s at the moment.

I have an F2 Star but it doesn't way Wraith on the underside of the flight plate. It has beaten in to a fantastic disc for me. Is there any significance of the no "Wraith" stamp in terms of the run. What would I look for if I wanted a similar disc. I see more Star F2s at the moment.

Sounds like it's just a penned run instead of embossed. They started stamping the name on bottom a few years ago. Dig through used bins for another with some wear on it. Be advised though - Wraiths are like a box of chocolates.

I've been playing for a year and a half now... and just found the Wraith. What a great fairway disc. Amazing how it is so much easier to throw than the Destroyers I've thrown owned by friends.

I now have a Star and Champion Wraith.

The Star has a bit of a dome and glides a bit more... the Champion just pierces through headwind... both are great discs.

I've been playing for a year and a half now... and just found the Wraith. What a great fairway disc. Amazing how it is so much easier to throw than the Destroyers I've thrown owned by friends.

I now have a Star and Champion Wraith.

The Star has a bit of a dome and glides a bit more... the Champion just pierces through headwind... both are great discs.

fairway disc

my current wraith game
150g star - this one is a bit flippy, so throw on hyzer or it will hold an anny for a long time
165g star - this one is less flippy than the 150g but use it most off the tee when its wide open
173-5g star - most control but use halos most of the time, also throw over the water since its easiest to replace
173-5g - star halo GG w dependable of the tee - lost the first black edge, now have a yellow that has more dome
173-5g - star halo reg run - just threw this in here today, pretty much gonna be in the rotation off the tee, not as much dome as the GG
on way 173-5g f2 star halo - back up, they were just up on the Innova pro shop so...

after i committed to wraiths outside of Kastaplast Rasks (most overstable, utility disc for left skips) my scores have been going down. There are a couple drivers i get a bit more distance but none more reliable than the Wraith

i love wraiths