• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

The one bottom stamp Star Wraith I had was very OS. Took a long time to season to normal Wraith flight. Generally I've found max weight Champion to be the most OS. Maybe find one of the production Glow Champion out there.

The real answer is probably along the PLH issue. If you can't find what you're looking for but you want to stick with 11 speeds the PDX would pair well with your Wraiths.

What Overstable said, probably a PLH thing, though if you either throw far or with some form issues, a wraith might not hold up to a strong headwind all that great. PDX is a good suggestion to pair it with, as is the TeeRex.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Don't think it's a form issue, not that I have the greatest form ever, but no really o.a.t issues. Don't throw very far either, probably max out at about 360 or so. Trying to keep my molds down, so I'm going to try to stick with the wraith. I have firebirds and some beefy thunderbirds that can fight a good headwind, but wanted something a little higher speed that would hold up. My buddy has a metal flake champ wraith that I'm going to try out next time we play. Actually picked up two f2 stars and just compared the plh, which I guess I should have done first and the one I put in my bag does have a slightly lower plh, so maybe I'll just swap em out. If that doesn't work out hopefully I'll be able to get a trade worked out with my friend for his metal flake or just grab a max weight champ.

I just want to shout out the Gstar wraith! It bombs like a seasoned Star. I parked hole 14 at Jim Barnett Park today with one. 404' level ground. I was four feet left.

Also: I want overstable Star wraiths like the ones of days gone by. Destroyers and their ilk don't do it for me.

I just want to shout out the Gstar wraith! It bombs like a seasoned Star. I parked hole 14 at Jim Barnett Park today with one. 404' level ground. I was four feet left.

Also: I want overstable Star wraiths like the ones of days gone by. Destroyers and their ilk don't do it for me.

Discmania DD is a wraith wing with their anhyzer top. It's the beefy wraith you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a bottom stamped, embossed Wraith today. It has a slightly taller wing than my other embossed wraith, but it has a smaller dome. It flies super nice, slightly more overstable than the other one. It fights moderate headwinds pretty good for my (slow) arm. No real turn, moderate to strong fade. Kind of like a speed 11 Teebird. I love the Wraith <3

Domey bottom stamp star Wraiths are absolute bombers. I have to throw them on a hyzer and give them room to work but they shoot probably a good 20' past any other disc I throw except the odd World or Giant rip. I got a beefy puddle top 12x kenny wraith with very little turn and then a fresh flat bottom stamp that shows some turn thrown flat.
DDs feel pretty similar, but you'd have to beat them in pretty good to get the same flight.
I switched them into the bag recently but I can't see them leaving.

I just picked up some wraiths all used and in different stages of wear. How are they in a headwind? I plan on using these like mcbeth uses destroyers and hopefully I can cover all of my distance ****s for a while untilni am ready to club up. Any performance reviews and/or input/things to look for, desirable traits in a wraith i shoukd be aware of? Thanks all for any input

I just picked up some wraiths all used and in different stages of wear. How are they in a headwind? I plan on using these like mcbeth uses destroyers and hopefully I can cover all of my distance ****s for a while untilni am ready to club up. Any performance reviews and/or input/things to look for, desirable traits in a wraith i shoukd be aware of? Thanks all for any input

I'm bagging three wraiths at the moment, all max weight in champion, star and echostar plastic. They work just fine in a headwind. They have been described by an Innova prototype tester at my local park as the most forgiving distance driver in the higher speed distance driver lineup. They have the best chance to autocorrect a bad throw so long as you throw with clean form. In other words if you throw a shot with too much hyzer as long as your height and speed is good they have a much better chance of flattening out to hit the line you need than anything else. They also tend to come back if you flip it slightly off your line because ultimately they are 100% an overstable driver.

Generally I use the champ for max D backhand drives, or straighter lines. My star wraith is my go to straight forehand distance driver, especially in low ceiling technical drivers. My echo is the oldest of the three and has seasoned into my preferred understable distance driver. I literally replaced all my high speed flippy discs (Katana, Tern, Shryke) and just throw that Echostar Wraith in their place. Lastly all three are versatile enough to throw any way you want, depending on your needs. To me this is the most underrated disc in the high speed innova lineup.

I'm bagging three wraiths at the moment, all max weight in champion, star and echostar plastic. They work just fine in a headwind. They have been described by an Innova prototype tester at my local park as the most forgiving distance driver in the higher speed distance driver lineup. They have the best chance to autocorrect a bad throw so long as you throw with clean form. In other words if you throw a shot with too much hyzer as long as your height and speed is good they have a much better chance of flattening out to hit the line you need than anything else. They also tend to come back if you flip it slightly off your line because ultimately they are 100% an overstable driver.

Generally I use the champ for max D backhand drives, or straighter lines. My star wraith is my go to straight forehand distance driver, especially in low ceiling technical drivers. My echo is the oldest of the three and has seasoned into my preferred understable distance driver. I literally replaced all my high speed flippy discs (Katana, Tern, Shryke) and just throw that Echostar Wraith in their place. Lastly all three are versatile enough to throw any way you want, depending on your needs. To me this is the most underrated disc in the high speed innova lineup.

So, basically what youre saying is i nade a good choice and itll work exactly like i want it to and i can bag only this mold for distance needs.

First time at a new course, playing in a dubs tourney I drew first throw and promptly sky annied my poor poor wraith into an OB pile of turf rolls off a cliff. I think I delayed the tourney a good 15 mins being the first card. TD literally had to come tell me time was up, I was so heartbroken. That was one of the first discs I ever threw well and understood. I played like dog**** for the rest of the day.

Miss you, Wraith. Hope if someone finds you and doesn't call the number that they break both arms in an accident on the way to use it.

Well idk I've Got three already. Champ,star,pro all different from flat to pop top. Champ has higher PLH than star and star than pro. But i see what you're saying this is (IMO) where i see an advantage in Innovas inconsistencies. Also it seems like all of my friends have a wraith for me to try out

Well idk I've Got three already. Champ,star,pro all different from flat to pop top. Champ has higher PLH than star and star than pro. But i see what you're saying this is (IMO) where i see an advantage in Innovas inconsistencies. Also it seems like all of my friends have a wraith for me to try out

Noob question: what is PLH?

Parting line height. The point where the top and bottom come together in the injection molding process. Look at any disc you buy and youll see on the nose of the disc a line. That's it. Higher=more OS lower=more US. Thats what I know.

Awesome, thanks!

So, basically what youre saying is i nade a good choice and itll work exactly like i want it to and i can bag only this mold for distance needs.

CarefulCreativeAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

Happy Hucking dude!

So I posted in here before(I think) about the three wariths i recently acquired and I was a little off. After some examination I have a 175g. Champ that's flippy. A 175g. Star that's beef. And a 167g. Pro that I can make turn but it's coming back(it's the newest one so maybe this will change) i do not like the champ at all really. Are there any specific wraiths that are just amazing? Aome that i should be looking in used bins and wherever else to get my hands on? I really do see this disc meeting all of my distance needs im glad to have it in the bag.

So I posted in here before(I think) about the three wariths i recently acquired and I was a little off. After some examination I have a 175g. Champ that's flippy. A 175g. Star that's beef. And a 167g. Pro that I can make turn but it's coming back(it's the newest one so maybe this will change) i do not like the champ at all really. Are there any specific wraiths that are just amazing? Aome that i should be looking in used bins and wherever else to get my hands on? I really do see this disc meeting all of my distance needs im glad to have it in the bag.

I really like the PFN 12x stars, the plastic is generally a good grippy, medium firmness star. they also seem to be pretty consistent in my sample size in regards to dome and PLH.

Also if you can find the mega pop top, old, stiff, patent number pro wraiths, those are $$$$$

I like them flattish but I also throw a lot of FH. I wouldn't give up on champ, I have a 167g with a little dome that's beefy but workable. Personally I don't think there's a magic Wraith run, I have probably 15 in all plastics and they run the gamut. The one PFN star I have is pretty flippy but it's also pretty beat.

A fella that's willing to buy 20 of the same mid shouldn't sweat grabbing a few Wraiths here and there if you like them. I'm old so I have no desire to try any drivers higher speed than Wraiths. I guess I can consider it if I ever start throwing them over 400'.