• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Halos are usually relatively beefy, the lighter and domier more so. Stars are straight to stable out of the box for me and quickly become pretty money. GStars are relatively more understable and I really like them as straight to understable drivers.

Just realized I didn't clarify that I meant lighter colored; every yellow GG wraith I've thrown as been significantly beefier than the black ones, for example.

If you throw 350ish, you can find an OS Wraith. 😁

Champion is typically more on the OS side but I grabbed a 170g recently that's pretty mellow. Flat and the plastic was kinda gummy with some flex. A domey, max weight halo should be pretty OS for most folks.

Yeah for the most part, I was throwing flippy bosses maybe 350' when I started throwing Wraiths and my first Halo was plenty overstable for me until I had a tournament in 20-30 mph winds.

Got a hand-picked stack of Star Wraiths and finally put a few of them in the bag. Surprised to see how much glide they have off the shelf. Excited to see what they can do after some seasoning.

Looking for a Wraith or Wraith like disc that will fight true wind - think 20-30 mph headwind, head-cross type stuff. Its windy around here.

I was throwing my 170g star and it flipped way over, had to throw almost vertical. But Wraiths are my best feeling disc in the hand.

I dont like the feel of the Halo Wraith, doesnt feel like a Wraith in the hand, rim is slightly deeper, way more dome, feels like a different disc.

Should be trying champion, max weight? I'm 40+ in age and prefer the 165-170 weight for drivers, but in the wind my 160ish weight discs dont have the punch I need, they fizzle out.

I throw a Wraith 330 on a good flat throw and try to throw mostly flat, changing discs for turn.

Best bet to try a 175g Champion Wraith?

The Star Fire looks really good by the numbers, like a slightly longer, less dumpy firebird? Should I get a 170g Starfire and the Champ Wraith?

Thanks for the advice!

Looking for a Wraith or Wraith like disc that will fight true wind - think 20-30 mph headwind, head-cross type stuff. Its windy around here.

I was throwing my 170g star and it flipped way over, had to throw almost vertical. But Wraiths are my best feeling disc in the hand.

I dont like the feel of the Halo Wraith, doesnt feel like a Wraith in the hand, rim is slightly deeper, way more dome, feels like a different disc.

Should be trying champion, max weight? I'm 40+ in age and prefer the 165-170 weight for drivers, but in the wind my 160ish weight discs dont have the punch I need, they fizzle out.

I throw a Wraith 330 on a good flat throw and try to throw mostly flat, changing discs for turn.

The Star Fire looks really good by the numbers, like a slightly longer, less dumpy firebird? Should I get a 170g Starfire and the Champ Wraith?

Thanks for the advice!

The Wraiths that I like for wind are bottom stamps. I'm with you on weight but I have some 171g that still have some good zip on them. Look for one that has some moderate dome, but it's a tight, poppy dome that is pronounced in the middle of the flight plate where as by the rim it's flattish.

Otherwise I have some older S-line DD3's in the 165-71g that are less beefy than a Halo Wraith. I had a DX Destroyer for a short time that flew similar to my DD3s.

Thanks for the advice!

Innova doesn't really make good strong wind fighters in the 11 speed range, you'll have to throw something faster or slower if you want to stick with their plastic or rely on finding a unicorn OS Wraith.

Thanks for the advice!

I'd say try to get one of the Glow Champion CFR Wraiths (color or plain glow) produced in the past couple years in max weight. Some stock Champion max weights might have higher dome like the Halo Star ones. Stiff max weight Star Wraiths might also work.

My Starfire experience was that it couldn't really handle much wind on flat throws. Starfire has
also been OOP'd at this point and replaced with the Invictus. I think the near max weight Champion Invictus would be a better option over the Starfire for wind fighting.

DD is what you want. It's a wraith bottom and anhyzer top and can be really beefy. Unfortunately hard to find now but maybe innova will run them again.

I use a Champ Wraith at 170g for my wind fighter. Super beef with some bubbles in the rim and slight dome.

If you look beyond Innova the Dynamic Discs Fuzion-X Sergeant is what you are looking for. When its an extra windy day I'll add 1-2 Sergeants to my bag (one fuzion and one fuzion-X). Normally I carry 5 Wraiths in my bag.

If you look beyond Innova the Dynamic Discs Fuzion-X Sergeant is what you are looking for. When its an extra windy day I'll add 1-2 Sergeants to my bag (one fuzion and one fuzion-X). Normally I carry 5 Wraiths in my bag.

I bought a 174g Fuzion Sergeant to try it out. I read that fuzion-X is more OS but also commonly rock hard. I will admit that in most plastics I am not a fan of super hard plastic.

I see that the Sergeant has a 1.2cm rim depth compared to the 1.1cm rim depth on the Wraith. I know it may not seem like a lot but all my favorite fairway and distance drivers have the 1.1cm depth so I only got 1 Sergeant for a try out. Throw it every hole for a couple rounds of golf as player B shots and see if I can handle that.

It does seem that the Sergeant is a slightly more OS Wraith, or will fight the wind a little better. So I appreciate the help! :thmbup::thmbup:

Innova Champion Glow Wraith (Nathan Queen Tour Series) - those F2 are likely these discs? I havent seen any other champ glow wraiths.

Has anyone thrown the Innova Champion Glow Wraith (Nathan Queen Tour Series) discs?

Are the glow champs much different than normal champs?

I think they've done Champion Glow as a limited 'stock' disc in the past
Glow-Champion-Wraith.jpg
(like the stock Glow Valk, Roadrunner, Leopard3, and RocX3 in recent years). Color glow and regular Glow Champion Wraiths have come out with fundraiser stamps the past couple years in small batches.

The Nathan Queen Tour series are Color Glow Star https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/glow-star-wraith-nathan-queen-tour-series/ so the F2 Champion Glows they had out there today will not be the same.

Love my 12x Climo Star Wraith.

Just missed a 260 foot skip ace today.... hit the cage just about three inches low of the chains.... would have been the coolest ace I've ever thrown.... but didn't happen.. ugh.

Bought a couple along with a champion and star U-Dye Wraith.

Thanks for the info! :thmbup::thmbup:

These are super domey, pop top wraiths. So should be some beefcakes as max weight, champion plastic.

Hopefully they are wind resistant. They feel great in the hand for me, much better than a halo wraith.

Glow is actually not bad.

Innova Champion Glow Wraith (Nathan Queen Tour Series) - those F2 are likely these discs? I havent seen any other champ glow wraiths.

Has anyone thrown the Innova Champion Glow Wraith (Nathan Queen Tour Series) discs?

Are the glow champs much different than normal champs?

The 2022 Nathan Queens are actually Star Glow, not champ, and they are some of the best recent run wraiths I have thrown. Subjective of course but the ones I have are all super gummy, grippy, and fairly overstable. I ended up buying a stack to have as backups :D

Wondering if you Wraith experts could possibly give me some good advice on finding a new Wraith?

I bought 2 Mint Green Star Climo Wraiths last year in 168g weight. First time out lost one as I didn't realize it was going to be sooo flippy and turn so hard, and went straight into some DEEP brush and junk. No way to get it out. So I didn't throw the other one much at all, as I was afraid I'd lose it. So I've been playing with it a bit more now, and got to play a few courses with wide open FW's, so I could try it out, and I really like it!

At first, it seemed way too flippy and would turnover so fast. Which is really weird. Because I don't throw that far (max D on course is around 330-350), and it's a high speed driver. So I was SHOCKED when I kept throwing it and it would turn over right quickly and go to ground so fast. But now that I've had a chance to mess around in a field and throw it on some open courses, I can really see how this disc might become one of my favorite Distance drivers real quick! Just have to always throw it on a hyzer or steep hyzer.

One thing about the disc that is kind of weird, is it's dome or lack of. I went to a killer disc golf store recently and got to feel up and look at all the discs I've always wanted to see in person. And was shocked at how much dome all the Wraiths had compared to mine! Mine isn't flat, but it's what I'd call low or moderate top at best. While all the other Wraiths (Star Climo or Halo Gurthie) had varying levels of dome to massive dome! AND, had VERY sharp leading edges, while mine is more rounded. So that was odd to see so many Wraiths in person, and all of them not like mine at all. So just wondering if mine being flatter topped has anything to do with it wanting to turn right so fast and making it so flippy? Or no? And if not, what do you think is the reason behind it being so flippy and easy to turnover?

So just looking for some suggestions on what I should look for in a new Wraith? I'd like to get on that is a bit straighter overall, less huge S turn/less flippy than mine, but still be really long distance. Mine flies more like 11/5/-2.5/1. And I want one that flies more like -1/1 or -1/2. But with a true -1 turn right. And obviously long and glidey.

So do you think another Climo Star would be good to try in a slightly heavier weight like 170-172? Or should I be looking for a more domey one? And how do the new Nathan Queen Glow Wraiths fly in general compared to other Wraiths? Thanks everyone

I have a stack of Wraiths. They run the spectrum from pretty flippy (by my standards) to beefy like a McBeth 4X Destroyer.

It's nice that I can bag three of the same discs and get three different uses out of them.

Generally, you can count on the Gstar and most of the Pro plastics to be kind of flippy when new. My champion and halo ones are generally on the overstable side. The stars seem to me to have the most variance in their flight and it seems the flatter ones tend to fly a little understable while the domier ones lean towards the beefy side.

Not sure if any of that helps you.