• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT Aviar

Moonshine

Double Eagle Member
I just now found out about the XT Aviar Putt & Approach. Anybody else thrown these? I'm hoping this will be a Nova without the nubs, or possibly a cheaper replacement for the McPro Aviar.

I just now found out about the XT Aviar Putt & Approach. Anybody else thrown these? I'm hoping this will be a Nova without the nubs, or possibly a cheaper replacement for the McPro Aviar.

I nabbed one from Winthrop. It's a grippy DX blend with the stiffness comparable to a Yeti or JK Pro IMO. Putts just like an Aviar P&A. It's nice to get the tackiness while still maintaining shape (as opposed to R-Pro for example). Not quite as stiff as a McPro.

Hard to say, I've felt both stiff and soft Nova's before.

It's pretty much grippy DX. That was my first thought when I held it.

They were in the USDGC player pack. I've never really used Aviars, but I really like the way it feels. I'll be experimenting with it a bit in the next few weeks.

Whoa. I packed it in my suitcase and it got stupid warped. I left it on a shelf and went to get it today to prep for the microwave trick for a quick fix...and it was 95% back to normal shape...

Odd.

Of the three nova's I have, my XT aviars are less stiff. Other than that they appear to be exactly the same. Haven't thrown my aviars though, so I can't speak to their flight on throws. I will say that they grab the chains like no other once they touch, definitely think it'll help with splash outs off the right side of the chains. Definitely great plastic if your putting style has some spin on it. I do a hybrid and was getting some semi frequent splash outs with stiffer putters, none today with the xt aviars though.

Whoa. I packed it in my suitcase and it got stupid warped. I left it on a shelf and went to get it today to prep for the microwave trick for a quick fix...and it was 95% back to normal shape...

Odd.

I've ordered a few XT Big bead Aviars, and when I receive them they are always slightly warped. As in, they don't sit flat on the table. And every time, I just bend the disc in the opposite direction of how its warped, and it rights itself. Everytime lol.

Ive been wanting to try these as I putt with dx aviars now. I really want to feel them in hand before i buy

I've ordered a few XT Big bead Aviars, and when I receive them they are always slightly warped. As in, they don't sit flat on the table. And every time, I just bend the disc in the opposite direction of how its warped, and it rights itself. Everytime lol.

Crazy.

I putted with mine today and it flies no different than a P&A. These will be great for colder weather.

I got mine in today. The plastic reminds me of the stiff Pro Rhynos in the pro shop. It has a rubbery quality to it that gives it more grip. It's also chalky. They feel great and putt like an Aviar should. I wish it was a bit stiffer, but overall I'm very pleased with this disc so far.

I'd like to know how these differ from R-Pro. I would a yeti pro aviar w/o the bead. I fondled a couple XT in my local brick/mortar and they were less stiff than an R-Pro Aviar that was there. I really do feel like this is a rebranded R-Pro except that it is more durable than The old R-Pro

weird. that's not at all my experience feeling XT. XT to me feels like yeti pro except much stiffer.

With variance in plastic it could just be some softer ones, but i walked over, salivated cause I saw them, and then picked em up and was disappointed. Then I grabbed the r-pro next to them and it was stiffer. Gotta just be exceptions to the rules I guess

My experience is that the XT is definitely grippy, in a chalky kind of way. But, my main putter is the Yeti, which I think has exceptional grip. Every Yeti I have (which is in the double digits) is pretty stiff. Not as stiff as KC, and more stiffer than JK. These XT Aviars (which I was interested in for jump putt, and turnover putts) are NOT as stiff as the Yeti.

*I was initially interested in the XT because the other day I went to the course, and when I got there I realized that I had left my Yetis in my practice basket at home. I happened to have my Novas in the trunk (which are THE BEST APPROACH DISCS EVER). So I played the round with my Nova as my putter. I can definitely see why people would putt with a beadless putter. Clean release after clean release! Plus I really like the stiffness of the Nova. I was hoping the XT would be the same stiffness. It's not, but it's not gummy either. We'll see...*

I have to dissagree with it flying the same, big bead anyways. I hated the xt. To me they were slower and had a weird flight compared to my KCs. Almost like they rose up and dumped. I was missing everything short and left on longer putts. Not a fan.

I have to dissagree with it flying the same, big bead anyways. I hated the xt. To me they were slower and had a weird flight compared to my KCs. Almost like they rose up and dumped. I was missing everything short and left on longer putts. Not a fan.

Who said they fly like big beads? I said they fly like P&A's...which is the mold just in a grippy dx blend...