• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ya ever done a disc dirty?

I threw an ontario champ classic roc into the river on the first flight it ever took. I also threw a fr gator with 3 aces on it into the river. YAY ME!

I swear a disc's first flight is almost always bad. A lot of the discs I've picked up and just knew they would be great discs ended up nailing a tree solid on the first drive. I had a real nice Star Orc, blue and white swirled and marbled. One day I was throwing it in a field and nailed a metal light post that was probably better than 300' out. When I picked it up, it had a straight up SPLIT in the rim. That thing was a bomber, I still miss that disc.

DX plastic is real fun, I've seen some weird stuff happen to that buttery plastic. From discs getting caught on a guy wire to cracking in half. Winter is hard on discs...

I've moved to a primarily champ plastic bag, because I hate having a perfectly seasoned disc change characteristics after a solid tree hit. Candy plastic just holds up so much better than the other stuff.

This morning, a new Westside Northman came in the mail. I put it in my bag and went out to the local course. On the disc's second or third throw, I managed to throw it pretty much straight at a concrete teepad, really marring about half of the rim. It looks and feels nasty now. :( At least it still flies OK.

I swear a disc's first flight is almost always bad. A lot of the discs I've picked up and just knew they would be great discs ended up nailing a tree solid on the first drive. I had a real nice Star Orc, blue and white swirled and marbled. One day I was throwing it in a field and nailed a metal light post that was probably better than 300' out. When I picked it up, it had a straight up SPLIT in the rim. That thing was a bomber, I still miss that disc.

QFT.

Maybe the discs are afraid to spread their wing and fly....

And also hole #1 where I throw most of my new plastic is securely guarded by timber: and hole 3,4,5,8,9.

1 round can take a disc down from 10 to 8 in a hurry, not to mention street on one side, bike path on the other.

I lost my friend's blue Force on hole 6 at a course around Columbus. It was down hill and cold and I wanted something that wouldn't turn over, so I asked to use it. It didn't turn over. And it didn't leave a mark in the snow. And it didn't show up after the snow melted.

I bought a Star X-Cal pretty early on in my playing days, mistaking my bad form for too much power :doh:. On hole 12 at Cornwallis (Durham, NC) I chucked it directly into the back of the short teepad, which is about 40 feet away. That left a nice huge chunk.

I bought a Star X-Cal pretty early on in my playing days, mistaking my bad form for too much power :doh:. On hole 12 at Cornwallis (Durham, NC) I chucked it directly into the back of the short teepad, which is about 40 feet away. That left a nice huge chunk.

The trees at Cornwallis take a lot of abuse but throwing an xcal on that little course is purty freekin funny

I recently just got a new saint. A lot of wind at the course, and my disc hit a tree and file bak behind me 25 yards onto a street. Lets just say that disc has mor gashes than I would like

Way back in the DX-only days, during lunch at a tournament at Earlewood I bought a new driver. As I walked toward the #1 tee I lightly tossed it ahead of me; it somehow hit a rock on landing and received a half-inch gash in the rim.

I opened a box with two new bottom stamped dx rocs, then apparently set them on the roof of my car and drove away. I got to where I was going, only a few miles away, and found 1 dx roc on my roof. I drove back along the route and found the other one, unfortunately it had been run over so many times the flight plate was separating from the rim all the way around.

In a thread full of heartbreak, that's a real tear-jerker.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I really did it today.

Had a brand new 180 DX Roc I took out with a new Warship and Anode today. Playing in a not particularly wooded course, my first three shots with the Roc were dead center tree hits (i seemed to have a tad of grip lock with it). By the end of my round, I had 4 tree shots, all with the Roc.

I had to laugh.

Just last summer, I rendezvoused with a casual-playing friend to whom I gave two or three Barracudas about 15 years ago. He still has them. "For old time's sake, would you mind me throwing one?"

"Not at all! Go for it!"

I wound up to throw my old hard forehand from my twenties. *THWACK* Nailed a tree 50' in front of me, dead center. You could see the old Barracuda bend in half, then fall to the ground.

(I had three aces with Barracudas before the turn of the century...)

Just last summer, I rendezvoused with a casual-playing friend to whom I gave two or three Barracudas about 15 years ago. He still has them. "For old time's sake, would you mind me throwing one?"

"Not at all! Go for it!"

I wound up to throw my old hard forehand from my twenties. *THWACK* Nailed a tree 50' in front of me, dead center. You could see the old Barracuda bend in half, then fall to the ground.

(I had three aces with Barracudas before the turn of the century...)

Old time disc golf :thmbup:

The first time I threw my shock, I severely underestimated the fade and it landed in the street and got ran over by a car. Didn't do a whole lot of damage but I was still upset that I didn't t throw in a better spot.

The first time I threw my shock, I severely underestimated the fade and it landed in the street and got ran over by a car. Didn't do a whole lot of damage but I was still upset that I didn't t throw in a better spot.

I had a Discraft Extreeeeeeeeeme get run over by a car. It was still Extreeeeeeemely overstable!

The course I designed, opened up this week. I played the course like 5 times. There is a hole that goes directly over a concrete spillway. All 5 times my poor shock took to the concrete. 4 out of 5 still skidded up from concrete to under the basket. The other slide the 10 feet back down to the base up the spillway. That poor shock had all sorts of nicks in it. Should of used something else. In all fairness it did hold its flight characteristics though.

First drive with a brand new x out blizz boss on a hole where there's a highway 90 degrees to the right of the tee..

I release really, really fkn late. Run up to see my new disc roll into the road just in time for a truck pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers and equipment to chew it up in the tires. Didn't think there'd be much disc left but surprisingly it only has a bit of road rash. Flies like a champ!

I was playing the Masters Cup in 1993 and broke out a brand new original Stingray for rolling. First throw and it hits a huge rock upon landing and cracks straight down the middle. Sad sad day.

Latest posts