• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

YAY!! I've FINALLY GOT DARK DYES!!!

ZAMson said:
Fritz said:
Millennium Plastics dye the best out of any of the plastics on the market.
That's cuz we bathe them in good vibes before they leave TX.

Your discs really enjoy dubstep and Wondershowzen... if you didn't already know. It's how they was raised.

Good Vibes FTW!

:lol: Wondershowzen

Hey Chuck...

I'd love to know how you do your fade or "paint on" technique like on the star roc with the vulture dye.

Ive been trying to steer clear from attempting to paint on discs with acetone as its hard to control where the color goes. You seem to have nailed it down. Any tips?

I definitely don't have it nailed down (have you seen my floor?), but what I do is dissolve a package of RIT in about a pint to a quart of acetone, then filter the mess through a coffee filter.
I just use some crappy paintbrushes I got from the drug store. Dip the brush, get as much dye off of the brush as possible, and paint a little at a time, layer by layer. Each disc is a whole new adventure and is a whole new puzzle to solve on dye techniques, so don't try and operate by rules set in stone.