• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Ooh fun! I played with an Escape, Buzz, and PA4 just this morning. I did NOT play well, but I never blame the disc... not good enough yet. Another trio I enjoy is the Slaidi, the Roc3, and a 4S Wizard, but those three are better for windy days imo.

Assassin, mako3, Ruby but that's if it's those three types. I've played a few rounds using a beat Ascent, Trak and Tbird and done quite well.

DX Glow Teebird
DX Glow Roc
DX Rhyno (I putt with a Yeti, but I chose this because of trusty up shots and in the wind putts)

I actually have been playing this setup lately. It's pretty challenging, but liberating at the same time.

Sensible

-Mako3 (Why not putt with a sweet mid?.. You know they're money in the circle, and have invaluable driving utility within the 200-330 range .)
-Champ Teebird. (One of the recent 12X, KC versions (mine is blue, 175g), A great disc that can replace many, if not most, mid/fairway/distance, stable-to straight shots
-Cannon; although I'd like to think the previous two discs of this list would suffice for a solid two disc round, I feel that the Legacy Cannon would pull the weight of a much needed bomber, depending on the demands of the course. Btwn. 350-500, a nice/stable to straightish Cannon would certainly fill the slot of a rarely used ultra fast disc for certain shots.

---I'll be sure to try this three-disc-line-up out over the coming weeks. I certainly identify with those who are particularly interested in this thread. There is something quite visceral about going out to a course with only three discs in hand. If not to prove to other serious patrons of the course one's ability to perform similar shots with minimalistic disc options, to prove to oneself the ability to replicate the simplistic, visceral beauty that led to falling in love with the game of Disc Golf. As one of our ancestors notably said, "It's not the Indian, It's the arrow." And there is something to be said for minimizing baggage, and increasing the value of hiking and flight.
Sincerely,
-G-Pax

Latest posts