• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Opto Saint Pro
Warship
Warden

(I used to be purely an Innova guy, but that's because coming up in the early 90's, it was really all we had. It was all about Gazelles, Stingrays, Sharks, and Aviars. These days, a person could become quite lost in the maze of different plastic. Death by a thousand choices, man...)

Opto Saint Pro
Warship
Warden

(I used to be purely an Innova guy, but that's because coming up in the early 90's, it was really all we had. It was all about Gazelles, Stingrays, Sharks, and Aviars. These days, a person could become quite lost in the maze of different plastic. Death by a thousand choices, man...)

This could be said for any company. Just do a little research and know what you want and avoid the "getting lost." Innova is still a top company but all disc manufacturers are just as good. It's more of a "pick your poison" kind of thing. BTW. Stingrays, Sharks, Gazelles and most definitely Aviars, still in the game.

I am currently not bagging a putter. My putting sucked so bad in desperation I went to my trusty Comets and now I'm nailing putts right and left.

So my 3 disc bag would consist of 2 drivers and a Comet.

Drivers would be 155 gram DX Firebird and 167 gram Impulse.

I'd take a lot of 4's and 5's on holes over 500 feet, but I do that anyway with 20 discs in the bag.

This could be said for any company. Just do a little research and know what you want and avoid the "getting lost." Innova is still a top company but all disc manufacturers are just as good. It's more of a "pick your poison" kind of thing. BTW. Stingrays, Sharks, Gazelles and most definitely Aviars, still in the game.

Oh, I understand all that, sir. Aviars are everywhere, but I only see the others in the bags of less-experienced players; presumably because they are inexpensive and quite often gifts from folks who have trunkloads of plastic. (I'm not one of them. What I own, I carry.)
I lost my first putter, a 2-Chain Aviar I'd had since 1991, last year - just fell out of my bag somewhere. If I hadn't, I'd still be using Aviars. Friends turned me on to several other molds for putting and controlled drives.

Currently in my bag:

Champ Orc
G* Thunderbird
Avenger SS
Opto Saint Pro
Seer
Warship
Harp
Envy
Warden (x2)

As you say, pick your poison. Obviously I'm not a snob about plastic. I could care less about who makes a given disc. If it feels good in the hand, and does good things when I throw it correctly, it's all gravy. My previous had more to do with my own very shallow understanding of the game and the equipment when I got back into it after a long absence. I still can't believe how far it's come.

Oh, I understand all that, sir. Aviars are everywhere, but I only see the others in the bags of less-experienced players; presumably because they are inexpensive and quite often gifts from folks who have trunkloads of plastic. (I'm not one of them. What I own, I carry.)
I lost my first putter, a 2-Chain Aviar I'd had since 1991, last year - just fell out of my bag somewhere. If I hadn't, I'd still be using Aviars. Friends turned me on to several other molds for putting and controlled drives.

Currently in my bag:

Champ Orc
G* Thunderbird
Avenger SS
Opto Saint Pro
Seer
Warship
Harp
Envy
Warden (x2)

As you say, pick your poison. Obviously I'm not a snob about plastic. I could care less about who makes a given disc. If it feels good in the hand, and does good things when I throw it correctly, it's all gravy. My previous had more to do with my own very shallow understanding of the game and the equipment when I got back into it after a long absence. I still can't believe how far it's come.

Oh yeah, I was all discraft then had some trilogy mixed in. Now I ended up throwing gateway and Innova with DM and Millenium. Innova makes a lot of discs and Inperspnally like how I buy five of the same mold and they're all slightly different. I am a cycler so I lole one disc many stages of wear/different off the shelf attributes covering many duties
My bag:
Wraith×4
FD3×2
OLF×3
TB×2/TL
Prophecy×4
P3X
PW Wizard×2(throwers)
PW Wizard×2(putters)

These days, my three go-to discs would be

Prodigy Air D3 (157g)
Discraft Supercolor ESP Buzzz (178g)
Discraft Soft X Challenger (175g)

i'm thinking Leopard shark Shield (not an aviar fan) but i really love my bard vip which i know i'm not ready for

SSS Wiz
McGlow Roc3
TP Underworld

At least for today.

variety is the spice of life, they say.
For today:
Omega SS
Ghost (Gravity)
Wraith (DX, beat)
Tomorrow, who knows?

Latest posts