• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your favorite disc?

Bennybennybenny

Diamond level trusted reviewer
What is your favorite disc to throw? Why is it so special to you? I will start off and say that my favorite disc to throw is my Pro Starfire along with the XD and the Champion King Cobra!:thmbup:

I'd have to say my Factory Second, yellow/orange Teebird. It's not the most fun disc to throw (Prodigy D1 / KC Whippet) but man it just flies perfect for what it is for.
- Flies straight, with slight fade at the end
- stays hyzer when thrown hyzer, stays straight thrown flat, stays anny thrown anny, even in the wind.

driver = champ SL

mid = opto fuse/star wedge

just love ripping the balls off a disc and watching it flip up nicely and turnnnnn

Right now, I'd say my 153gm Recycled Diamond. That thing has such a nice flight pattern!

Close second would be the Z Comet I just started using. Instead of fade at the end, it just kind of drops down.... cool.

Neutron Ion. The flight is so sweet when a long putt goes flat right, then gently curves back left into the basket. Plus it's my most thrown disc.

Champ Teebird
Star Beaded Gator
I hit the top of the basket only an inch or two above the chains the other day with the Gator, wouldve been my first ace.

I think the Roc has to be it for me. Could probably shoot just as good if not better with 3 rocs and 2 putters then I do with drivers :|

Flat GL Core. All of the guys I throw with wonder why I ever throw another disc. It just seems to have tree avoidance built into the disc.

I'm a big fan of my GL River, GL Fuse, and Neutron Ion

The Ion is my favorite. Stepped up to a hole the first time bagging it and told my buddy that I was going to put it right in the basket. Boom ACE!

Buzzz is the only disc that has stayed in my bag forever. Can't give much credit to anything else...but I will say the Escape is my current favorite disc.

Perhaps my problem is that I don't have one... my beat DX Teebird had that place for a long time. So did my Destroyer, Sidewinder, and Dart.

At the moment, maybe my Voodoo... that putter has been money.

The Z Comet had it's time there, where I couldn't deny it was the most likely to succeed. Almost as if throwing it guaranteed good form. Coincidentally I too am now favoring a F2 Star Tee Bird. That and my 4S Wizard. I've been practicing to the new Schusterick video with my Wizards. ESP Buzz gets an honorable mention.

I have a few favorites, some of which unfortunately do not get thrown much because I do not want to lose them.

Seasoned dyed Star TeeBird. 9 out of 10 times does it not only do what I want it to do, but it does it beyond what I would ever expect out of it. The problem is always that 1 out of 10 times might be the one time I lose it for good. It already has two aces on it, so it gets a well-deserved spot on the wall. I have been trying to season other TeeBirds to act like this one, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Dyed Second Run Ion. One ace but never a really good putter. I just never could part with it.

Dyed Star San Marino Roc. Almost the same dye as the Ion. It also has one ace on it. It was a fantastic driving mid in the forest and second-to-none when making approaches in the open field. Like the TeeBird, I have yet to find a replacement, whether it being another San Marino beaten in or something else like Ranchos, Ghosts, or Roc3s. Currently I am working with M3s to see if they can get close.

I have two dyed (see a theme) Champion Leopards that are quickly growing on me. The one with the star dye had two practice aces on it on the same hole on the same day. (I define a practice ace as throwing 4 or 5 discs on each hole; in this case I played multiple rounds and aced with the Leopard during the first and third round).

Depends on the course. Some course let you open up and toss, then I am liking my mystery box VIP King. Some courses are tight and long. For that I am grooving on my GL Saint, man this disc does what you tell it. Thanks to DD for letting me experience some new plastic.

Latest posts