• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your first ace. What was the disc?

My first ace was with a star sidewinder. Since then 10ish of my 25 have been with Buzzzes although neither mold are in my bag anymore, and the sidewinder wasn't in their very long as I used it only when I began learning the BH.

CE Valkyrie on old hole 1 Kilborne Park in Charlotte NC back in 2002 while playing by myself (go figure).
After the first one I racked up dozens rather quickly. I used to play a lot with a local pro Michael Johansen and it seemed like every time we'd play I would hit an ace. After about a month or so of constant aces he told me he didn't want to play with me anymore because he was tired of signing my discs.

I ruptured 3 discs in my back & quit playing for almost 6 years.
I returned to the sport in late 2011 and haven't hit an ace yet since I started playing again. I've hit tons of chains and metal but nothing has stuck yet. In fact, one day recently, I slammed dead center chains on 3 holes in a row and they all spit out.

Discraft Candy XS,
Hole 9 Baird Creek, By myself at 7 am,
That was an amazingly beautiful shot.
Almost 6 years ago
None since :thmbdown:
She still hangs on the wall :thmbup:

First ace was with a dead champion viking.. Firefighters park- Hole #5 followed by 2 more with the same disc. First disc i ever laid my hands on, was later stolen out of my bag :(

Last edited:
1st ace

The day before my birthday. But I consider it my present to myself. Bad day, losing only way to come back was an ace. Over the water, better use this crappy old ugly 11 time champ eagle in case i lose it.
What? It went in. Happy Bday to me. That disc has sucked since then and I just lost the damn thing. So retire your used up ace discs.

My first and only ace
Parque de la Raza in San Jose, CA 290 feet. parking lot plays as ob, about 285 to clear it. I took a huge skip off the asphalt with my star teebird 175 and it gently nestled into the bottom of the center of the chains. A little bit lucky i guess, but an ACE! :clap:
1 witness who refused to pay, what a douche

Last edited:
mine was using a Dx Beast on Hole 1 at Jaycee park. what a great way to start a round.

First ace ever: FH 11x KC Roc (#18 Shady Lane, Helena, MT)
First witnessed ace: BH Star Aviar (#2, Shady Lane, Helena, MT)
First basket ace: FH DX Roc (#2, Adair, Corvallis, OR)

Which is weird, because I am normally a BH dominant player...

175g Champ Banshee. Thumber on hole 12 at Parmalee Park, took a gentle kick off a tree during the upright portion of its flight and landed in the back of the basket for a $50 league ace :D