• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your first ace. What was the disc?

#7 at Winton Woods, 210ft with a Guts Frisbee in June 1981. I found my first "disc" (Rainbow Stamped Phantom) at this course and remember thinking what the heck kind of frisbee is this? There were summer days in those Reagan years when a friend and I would tear this course up with our Coupes, XDs and Rubber Putters. One magical day we played two rounds and hit 7 aces between us. There are only 4 holes I have not aced on this wee lil course.

Attachments

• cd0e9394_t.jpg
    cd0e9394_t.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 47
It was hole #1 at Clearwater/Pleasant Lake course in Annandale, MN a few years back. Thorwing a blue Discraft XS, I still have that one and it has seen better days.

yellow 175 dx stingray on hole 14 at uw parkside in 1999. my disc glanced off a tree 30' from the basket and went in. we went to the port for a beer after

175 dx cheetah. it was actually what i got my second ace with, then the disc got too beat and i had to retire it, but i had some great shots with that disc.

ESP Wasp.

Same here. I seriously love that disc. It was hole #2 at Central Michigan University. 290' kinda uphill/side hill falling right to left, pond to the left. So kinda tricky for RHBH. I didn't think I had gotten it up high enough to even get it to the basket but it hit all chain.