• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your First Ace

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Tell me about your first Ace. I have been playing for 3 years and not a single ace..yet. So I want to know about yours. In your opinion is it just luck to get an ace or do you believe skill is involved in some way?

My first one was a complete fluke. Total shank on a semi long hole, hit a tree pretty high up and shot the disc straight into the unit. I couldn't believe it. Had witnesses and the whole nine.

I had my 1st ace with a elite x buzz blind dog left shot.

Lost my disc a year later...:(

I noticed when you go for it all the time less chance of hitting it.

I have had one ace. Threw a nice sweeping anny and it went right in. I have hit that same basket 2 more times. Its great walking up to that hole.

there's no way i could really call my first ace an act of skill :eek: it was a big floaty hyzer shot with a roadrunner that just so happened to end up in the cage. also, no witnesses. :thmbdown:

My first ace was on a >200' hole with a Dx valk. No way I would ever throw a valk on that hole now.

First threw a disc in the summer of 2004, first ace was July 2011 at a 9 hole course in Kenyon Mn on hole 1. Like 200ft with a star sidewinder, easy buzzz shot now or drone or magnet lol

Just hit my first Ace last week... Swope park in KCMO Hole 11 short Tee about 240ft with a Z Buzzz... It was during league play and the ace pot was $340 I cashed out half of that...

My first ace experience is probably like any other! Granted, it was a short hole, but my buddy Brian and I both hit our first ace on back to back throws. Hole 14 @ Winton Woods in Cincinnati. I aced with a Pro D Challenger on a hyzer line, and Brian aced with a DX Aviar PnA on an anny line very next throw. 'Twas a thing of beauty!

My first ace was with a Z-XL on a 217' hole. It's a flex shot to the left of one pine tree, and the right of another. I had been playing for a few months, but I throw a Zone on that hole now ... lol

A totally open hole at 185 ft with a Dragon on a lazy slight anhyzer. First and last ace so far. Had a couple of bouncers hit the cage. One time I was playing a 180 ft hole with a slight dogleg left. I showed my brother my Viper and told him I was going to meat hook it on in. He told me "Whatever, the mold you use isn't going to matter." Smacked it right in the middle of the pole and bounced out. Got a 3 on that hole. (I practice putting a bit more these days) :\

2008 discraft ace race hole 2 at daliawood 174 esp nebula 195 ft slightly down hill won oldest to ace 2 weeks before my 40 th b-day. I had only been playing 9 months or so.

First ace was a 309ft awesomeness, sprinkled with a lot of luck. I was having a horrible day and was hitting almost every tree, and couldn't sink a 1-foot putt to save my life. Next shot was to my right and a perfect sidewinder shot. It felt really good coming out of my hands and I knew it would be at least close for a 2-putt. Hyzer-flip, going straight, straight, started curving to the right, slowly fading and then chains.

Hole 15 at The Rez in Southern Pines. Playing a solo round and I grip lock a teebird on a 230' hole onto a hyzer line through a bunch of trees that it should have never missed and it miraculously made it all the way to the basket for an ace.

I was such a noob.

At least the 6 since were legit.

Latest posts