• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Gamechanger Disc?

I had 2 so far ^^ ( and only been playing 2.5 years ^^ )

esp buzzz. Damn that thing flies straight.

And then, after trying too hard and not getting anywhere with long distance drivers, finaly... The Z nuke :D That thing felt like cheating. Instantly added 50 feet. And I literaly mean on my first throw with it, ever.

Axis for me. That disc has taught me so much about MY game and the game in general. It would take a very special disc to bump it out of my bag.

That said I recently started throwing a TM2 Bolt and that disc has added an extra 50' to my drives! Very fun to throw, but it ain't no Axis.

im going with the zone as well, it was my first experience with an overstable putter and it really allowed me to hit holes that i would overshoot or that the disc wouldn't fade enough and allowed me to hit some ridiculous skip birdies that i couldn't have hit with any other disc.

Teebird. Before that I had been messing around with Vikings that I either couldn't control enough or threw with tons of OAT. I had used Gazelles, which were nice to learn with but limited distance-wise. The Teebird was the first disc I ever threw and went, "Whoa, I made it do that?" First time I felt I was using a disc to it's full capabilities.

CFR glo destroyer, hands down the most consistant driver in the bag. Also the challenger, I have always struggled with putting, I moved to the challenger earlier this year and its been lights out ever since.

Katana for driving. Understable distance driver, easy to control and gets good distance without much strain.

Ion for putting. Was always a pretty good putter, but once I started using the Ion I got even better. Putting is what sets me apart from everyone else I play with.

Firebird. When I started playing I threw a ton of thumbers with the discs that I had (which happened to be beasts and valks). My buddy said, you should get a firebird.... Got it, it added consistent 50' for thumber drives. I carry 4 in my bag for various situations.....:clap:

Champ Destroyer. The first driver I could consistently control with some good distance, and now have my personal best distance record with it.

Champ Viking. It was the first disc where I learned that I don't need high speed drivers to get more D...just better form.

zenbot<-----still has chitty form, getting better.

31949-bigthumbnail.jpg

Outside of thumbers I believe this was the only driver I used off the tee this past weekend.

Champion Mamba...

deep hyzer-flip up to flat and watch it ride a frozen rope through the tight wooded fairways. I used to fear tight fairways and only considered a mid or putter for them (not that this isn't a good mindset anyways...) but outside of my TL, the Mamba is my new "damn that's a long tunnel..." disc I reach for

...still laugh when I flip this -5 HSS up to flat and watch it go, crazy :p

Latest posts