• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Greatest AHA! Moment in Disc Golf

I would have to say it was when I found the first wraith I ever had. I was like Aha Disc golf is good.

Realizing that I can putt and learning to remember that in slumps.

After spending a lot of time practicing putting I got confident sinking putts from 25' when it used to be around 18'. The AHA moment happened when I realized that my approach game (inlcuding "approach" shots off the tee) suddenly and miraculously got ways better too. I supposed what happened is that there was much less pressure to execute the perfect park job and I loosened up a bunch.

Two aha moments that happened very recently. Learned how to grip my disc for power and learned the x-step. Both improved my game and made my throws feel more natural.

when i found out my perfect putting stance/form.....i used to be fairly inaccurate....now it feels like i rarely miss...its great :).....now if i could get my drives out there another 100+ i would be completely satifisfied with my game

until you play for a while and find something else? I always say "just do this right, then everything is perfect"

The biggest AHA! moment was when I first started playing, and realized that a tomahawk was not a goodm idea on every hole. Saved my shoulder from falling off at least.

My AHA moment was the first time I played. It was like, Aha, where has this been the whole time and why am I just starting to play now? That's all it took to get me hooked.

When I threw a Buzz for the first time and realized that I must rush out and buy one.

1) Following through with my weight forward & driving over my forward (plant) foot. 2) Learning to pivot on that same forward foot (almost spin around on follow-through). 3) Loosen my grip (arm, shoulder etc) until right before the 'hit' (Thanks Dave)

My single greatest one was getting the disc to rip from my hand rather than releasing it. However, feeling what an OAT free throw feels like, feeling what late acceleration feels like, feeling what pulling close to the chest feels like, feeling what proper weight transfer feels like and learning proper grip have all been pretty big ones, too.

I'm sure I have alot of AHA moments to come, which has been verified by all of your postings and realizing that I still have alot to get better at. But my biggest AHA moment was the first time I successfully threw an Anny. Let me tell you, that first time I was able to get my disc to (RHBH)curve right, turn over and fade some to the left...PRICELESS!!! The next AHA moment was learning how to throw a disc without an S-Curve. Once I figured out how to Anny it became habit for a good 2-3 rounds straight, on every hole. Did any of you guys go through that when you first threw a successful S-Curve?

I guess I have a few AHA moments. The first was when I realized you could drive off a tee with your putter and it would fly similar to an ultimate disc. The next was figuring out how to putt when there was any sort of wind, this came in handy a lot in Fargo..... And the last AHA moment I had recently was that the speed of the disc threw the air is different from the amount of spin it has on it. I figured this out when I threw a boss super hard with not too much spin and it went basically straight left (RHFH) and I lost it :-(. I then remembered I had thrown it lightly with a lot of spin and had it go nearly dead straight.

Latest posts