• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your very first disc!

I think it was a Lightning F-15 Eagle back in 93'. Got it because it floated and I learned to play at Frontier Park in Hays, KS where a creek comes into play for about half the course. Have no idea what my first shot did with it. Just remember watching it float away in that freaking creek when the water was up and running pretty fast one day. That was the end of worrying about getting a floating disc again. Shortly after, I learned of putters and midranges and became addicted to plastic.

Champion Banshee and DX Rhyno. Neither very good beginner discs, but I learned to throw them both and they're both still in my bag (although the original Banshee got lost a few weeks ago and had to be replaced...boo.)

It was a 172 Tie Dyed Special Edition TL. I bought it just before Worlds in 2001. Smacked a tree on my first throw, reteed, and then parked the hole. I don't have it anymore. I either gave it to someone or someone borrowed it and threw it into the pond. The TL is still a money disc for me. I have kept a nice stock of CE, SE, and Champion TLs.

150 dx leopard...still have it

my first throw had some pretty nasty fade, but after that i learned to work the anhyzer (i had lots of nose up and not much snap) I was able to get it out to 200-ish

i still have it now, but it is beat to crap. with extreme hyzer, it will rise, flip up, turn and sometimes drop straight down and if not, then continue to turn all the way....I dont really throw rollers so for now, it stays in the bins

166 DX Shark and i had that disc all of 4 months before I lost it in a tournament. it was beat to hell because I played it for two months solo style. I tried flicking it at first and it would turnover and roll then I learned how to backhand with it.

just talking about my first disc makes me want to go try and find it :cry: i know exactly where it is but its in water.

The disc I used for years as my main driver was a Lightning Stealth Not sure if it was my first disc, probably not.

dx Gazelle. I threw it for probably 2 months before I lost it, and replaced it with a Champ Valk. If I had only known then what I knew now, I would have went back out and bought the same disc again.

a 180g scorpion. they are oop now. of course the first few throws were horribly nose-up but after a bit i learned to get an ok throw out of it. this was so long ago i have no idea how far i was throwing it. back then i was a starving college student and didn't really buy any other discs unless i lost the one i was using, so that's basically all i threw for a couple years. i'm awful curious how good i was then compared to now but i didn't compete and rarely kept score, so there's no way to know.

I don't know what I used for my first round, but right after that round I was hooked and bought a few discs. Unfortunately no one gave me any advice and I started throwing a max weight champ MONSTER!!!!!! I played with that thing for a good three months before getting new drivers.

I bought a group of 5 used discs on Ebay to get started. In it were a DX Beast, a DX Roc, and an Aviar putter...all pretty beat. I still use the beast and the roc. :D

My brother-in-law got me started, and recommended I get a Leopard, Roc, and Aviar P&A. So I got a 167 DX Leopard, 170 DX Roc, and 175 Aviar.

Only one still in the bag is the Roc, and it's beat to perfection. I have the other 2, but they just sit in the office.

DX Shark and a DX Eagle-X. Lost the Eagle shortly after and met a guy at a tournament who recognized my name and told me he had it and would return it to me. Year and a half later it wound up on my doorstep beat to shit. Thanks, bro.

My first few rounds were played with an old borrowed XL. Then I found an old beat to hell #2 Slice, and bought a 150 Champ Eagle. I used that 2-disc setup for one summer before buying a putter, a roc and a few more drivers.

I bought 3 discs at Sportmart after having bummed a friend's spare discs for a month or so to see if I'd like it. The first 3 I bought were

150g DX Valkyrie
169g DX Roc
170g DX Aviar

I think it was a DX Orc. A friend of mine let me borrow it and it was a present to him for his B-Day. Needless to say I put it in the drink that day. :)

My first disc was a #2 Upshot. I had 2 of them. My friends took me to play and I threw my drive 200' dead straight. (I had played a lot of ultimate in my youth)
They said "Imagine what he can do with a driver!" And I then threw a 70' spike hyzer with their T-rex and didn't use another driver for like 3 months.

Man 93 was a lonnnnng time ago, I pretty sure it was a dx Gazelle and a dx areo combo. I still hsve the areo but the gazelle was lost about two years ago when I picked em back up for the first time in ten years.

Latest posts